Chapter 67

THIRD PERSON'S POV

The next day came and Belle was finally released, she couldn't wait to get home. Everyone else were also feeling the same. It wasn't the same without her, the house would be too quite, it was too peaceful.

During surgery, the doctors were sure that she wasn't gonna survive, after all the bullet was centimeters away from hitting her heart. Yet she proved them wrong, she survived, tho not on her own.

She was connected to wires to help her breath, seeing as she couldn't on her own. The Romanos didn't loose faith, knowing she's strong and will get through this.

Unfortunately, the rest of the family had to go back to Italy, they had a business and an empire to run, but that didn't stop them from calling everyday and checking on Belle. Each time they were left disappointed knowing that no improvement was shown.

The Spanish had come to know about what happened and offered their help, Ricardo and his brother went crazy, instantly getting on their jet to catch the bastard who hurt her.

She saved their lives before, it's only fair they repay her, she's the sister they never had and they'll be damned to let this pass.

They had fun torturing the people who did this, half of them are already dead, tho in their opinion, they died too early and their punishment was too easy, but it's okay, since they still have Jake to have fun with.

They visited her a couple times, talking with her, hoping for any signs of improvement,since Alfonso suggested trying to talk with her, some people might hear and some don't, yet nothing.

They go back and forth, hoping each time they came back that she'd be awake and healthy, they were starting to loose hope, but not fully.

Currently, Belle was getting dressed so she can finally leave the hospital, Alexander was waiting outside for her, and he couldn't wait to get her home.

Coming out of the bathroom, Belle went outside the room In-search of her eldest brother. She saw him holding her bag and talking on the phone.

She didn't wanna disturb him, so when she was gonna turn around he spotted her and waved her over. She gestured towards the phone but he brushed her off.

She shook her head slowly, a small smile on her face as she padded towards him.

He wrapped his arm around her waist and they started walking outside the building towards the car. He opened her door and she went in, closing it softly after. He went over to the drivers side and got in, putting the bag in the backseat and starting the car.

It was a silent ride, only the sound of the radio could be heard, it wasn't awkward tho, it was the type of silence that was comfortable.

She snapped out of her day dreaming when Alexander took the wrong turn instead of going home.

"You took the wrong turn." She said and looked at him.

He looked at her from the corner of his eyes and his lips tilted slightly upwards.

"No, I didn't."

She frowned in confusion but didn't question it further, maybe he needs to get some stuff? She thought.

They continued driving in silence after that. A few more turns and Alexander pulled over.

Belle turned towards him sideways and frowned at him, confusion clear as day on her face.

Without a word he got out and went over to her side, he opened the door and helped her get out.

She looked around confused and glanced at him with raised brows, he interlocked their hands and without sparing her a glance started walking.