Moonlight Rings

It was the day of Father Kieran's funeral and I wasn't feeling my best, but I just figured it's to do with the pregnancy and me being so close to the due date.

Hundred's of people were walking down the street to the sound of jazz music being played. Klaus, Elijah, Hayley and I were walking near the end of the parade.

I was starting to feel more and more ill, having occasional coughs but once again, I just blamed it on the pregnancy.

"You alright? You look" Klaus tried.

"-I'm fine." I quickly replied.

We continued walking down the parade when Hayley spoke up. "Do you think I was the target of those bombings?"

"Of course you were the target!" Klaus exclaimed. "Were I to wage a war on the wolves, you'd be my first kill! Besides Brooke of course, but since she is immortal, I'd stick with you. I would string you up, for all your worshipers to see."

Elijah cleared his throat. "I believe that was my brother's way of telling you we'd like you to return home with us." He turned to Klaus. "Perhaps try a different approach, Niklaus, with fewer references to murder?"

He shrugged. "Well brother, it was your decision to offer her to stay with us, not mine."

I nudged his shoulder hoping he could be a little nicer to Hayley.

As we carried on walking, I noticed Cami a bit ahead of us so I sped up and caught up with her.

"Cami!"

She looked at me confused. "Brooke, hi."

"Hi, I know we may not have gotten off on the right foot, but I just wanted to say that-" I got interrupted by the need to cough so I cleared my throat and carried on talking. "-I'm sorry about your uncle. He was really... good to people like me during the storm, and I really appreciated that."

"Thank you. You want something, don't you?"

I sighed. "Honestly, I'm sorry about the timing... I was just wondering, if before he died, he said anything weird about Francesca Correa? I think that she may have been involved in an attack in the Bayou. If you hear anything-"

"Look, Brooke?" I'm trying, mostly failing, to stay out of all this stuff, but she's a real bitch. So yeah, if I hear anything, I'll let you know."

"Thank you. And again, sorry about your uncle."

"You too."

I walked away but suddenly felt extremely woozy and began to cough again. I leaned against a light post on the side of the street and tried to contain my coughs but then when I let it out, I began to cough up blood onto my hand. Everything started getting dark and I heard Genevieve call for Klaus. Just before everything went dark and I collapsed, the last thing I heard was Klaus calling my name.

-

KLAUS' POV

I carried Brooke into the compound with Elijah and lay her down on a table. Genevieve followed behind us. "I can help-"

But Elijah pushed her away, "Don't you touch her!"

I weighed out the options and decided to let her help. "Let it be, Elijah. She was a nurse."

"There's a spell I can do. Klaus, get chamomile from the pantry." She quickly explained looking back down at Brooke. "She's trembling, your jacket, Elijah.

I quickly ran over and got the chamomile Genevieve asked for. Brooke is an original, she can't die by normal means, but the baby can. However, this also looks like a witches doing so anything could happen to Brooke, she should've woken up by now.