11: Handsome husband is a Master chef

Edited by Relendria

Finally, they reached the town which looked nice - much better than the movies! Though it was crowded, it wasn't as crowded as he had expected.

"Do you know any popular restaurants?" he asked Hong Jia Yi.

Hong Jia Yi nodded. Liang Meng Yao was in luck because Hong Jia Yi had a good friend that owned a prosperous restaurant.

Sometimes Hong Jia Yi would do some work for him. Unlike the villagers, the restaurant owner wasn't stingy.

Liang Meng Yao's hair was bringing him a lot of unwanted attention but he ignored the eyes that followed him.

Some of them even fluttered at him while others looked at him as if he were a strange being.

Liang Meng Yao noticed something. Both here and also in the village, some men were more feminine while others were very masculine.

It was strange. Could it be that in place of females there were these feminine men? Did they replace as woman as there were children running around.

Liang Meng Yao can barely consider the possibility, not that there was anything wrong with it, but could men give birth here?

Liang Meng Yao considered the idea in a daze. He had met a few Fujoshi who fantasized about these things in his original world but he never thought he'd witness it himself.

"Liang Meng Yao," Hong Jia Yi called him gently.

Liang Meng Yao sighed then went up to Hong Jia Yi and hesitantly questioned, "Hong Jia Yi do men um.... give birth here?"

"No."

Liang Meng Yao breathed a sigh of relief.

"She-men give birth."

Liang Meng Yao was shocked! Men really gave birth here! Does that mean...

"Can you give birth?" He asked Hong Jia Yi.

"Yep, the doctor said I'm very healthy and fertile."

Liang Meng Yao got worried. Condoms didn't exist here and if he will be spending the rest of his life with Hong Jia Yi they are going to have sex eventually. It's only natural after getting to know each other better.

Hong Jia Yi chest was fluttering. Was he planning on having kids after settling business? But he was nervous... He had always dreamt of having a husband but after his failed engagements he thought he would be single all his life.

Men and she-men in the village often mocked him. They would say he will never get married and that he is too ugly so no man will ever want him.

Now he was married to the most handsome man anyone could ever look at! This was basically spitting in their faces and Hong Jia Yi felt proud.

"Hong Jia Yi!" the restaurant owner exclaimed as soon as he saw him.

The restaurant owner came up them but his eyes immediately went from Liang Meng Yao to Hong Jia Yi with a question in them.

"Um, this is my husband Liang Meng Yao he is, um, new around here," Hong Jia Yi said.

The restaurant owner smiled.

"I see - he is quite the looker."

The restaurant owner looked behind him to see people forming a crowd outside and then he sighed.

"Why don't we go to the back room?"

They both nodded then followed him to the back room.

"So, are you interested in another cleaning job?" he asked.

"Hmm, no," Hong Jia Yi replied gently.

"Um excuse me Mr...?" Liang Meng Yao spoke up.

"Ye"

"Yes, Mr. Ye, I'd like to introduce you something special from my hometown."

The restaurant owner looked at him as he took out a jar with red jelly in it. It looked rather interesting and smelled sweet.

"What's this?"

"Do you have bread or meat? I'd like to show you how to use it."

The restaurant owner looked at Hong Jia Yi and Jia Yi nodded encouragingly. The restaurant owner looked back at Liang Meng Yao and nodded.

Liang Meng Yao smiled and slightly bowed before entering the kitchen. He said a respectful "hello" to the men working with the food.

Hong Jia Yi immediately got a chicken and started to cut and clean it. The chefs watched in awe as they saw how professional and competent he was at doing this job. They even took notes.

Mr. Ye thought, 'even if this man's jelly doesn't work, I can always hire him as a chef. He has excellent skills.'

Soon the sweet aroma of the glazed chicken was spreading through the room and even some of the customers' tummies grumbled at the sweet scent escaping from the kitchen.

"Your husband - where is he from?" the man asked Hong Jia Yi.

But Hong Jia Yi couldn't hear him as he was too mesmerized by Liang Meng Yao who was efficiently working.

Hong Jia Yi was lucky to marry such a capable man, even if he wasn't a noble.