10. Lippe tea

"If I may, I'll have to say I've never seen you so motivated before..." Lilian noticed as she saw me peeking out of the curtains of the carriage "For someone you haven't seen in a whole year-..."

"Yes." I nodded in agreement "Let's just say she really left an important impression on me."

It is Diana we're talking about after all. There wasn't a day I didn't think of her.

When the carriage finally stopped in the same place it has last time, I hastily descended, dragging our little troop behind. The little pouch of coins attached to my waist made little cling clang sounds as it bounced up and down. It's almost asking to be spent.

"Everything is already so colorful!" Felix said cheerily as he looked around "Such a festive mood! His majesty would be glad to know his people are already celebrating him!"

I think they're just happy to have a special event in town. The streets weren't as crowded as last time since it isn't the special day yet. The people were decorating the streets, hanging decorations and painting the sidewalks. Preparations for the big day were being held. Music was still present in the air and so were the delicious smells. The people were building up their stocks to prepare for the festivities. I could spot dozens of men transporting bags of flour and sugar into a restaurant and a little kid following them, hoping to taste some.

Claude got down last, slipping on the ring which automatically changed the color of his eyes. It wasn't a big change. The ring was exactly like the one Jeannette wore. It just took away all the special jewel effects from its eyes, leaving in its stead just a plain normal blue.

We all dressed as simply as possible. We didn't look like nobles, just very well dressed and fashionable commoners. I say we could blend in with no problem.

"We should start going." Claude suggested.

As we started walking, I scanned all the dancers who were repeating their choreographies for the festival. They were everywhere, alone or with their team, with or without music. Some kids sat by them to watch and eat their snacks.

"Do you like going into town, Lilian?" I turned my head back and asked my friend.

"Yes." She nodded happily "I don't go very often, but it's always a good day when I do. My mother would bring me shopping sometimes. Last time my dad brought me to visit a school and the other kids-YACK!"

She tripped on one of the cracks on the road, thus toppling forward, grabbing Felix's arm to unconsciously to regain her balance.

"Uhm. Are you alright?" Felix asked with a concerned face as she stood up straight again, releasing her grip.

"Yes. Thank you. I just tripped." She said swiftly. "Hehe."

We resumed walking in silence and each time I glanced back, both Felix and Lily were blushing widely. Sometimes one of them would look at the other one shyly, sometimes they'd do it at the same time and have eye contact. They'd only blush more and look away again.

"If you keep looking back, you'll be the one tripping." Claude said as he pulled on my arm, forcing me to look forward again, walking faster "I think it's this way."

"How do you even know if her troop will still be staying in the same hotel?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I just know."

Ah. Calling of a soulmate. Understandable, I'll just follow him now. Also, since I'm fairly intelligent, I made the decision to not wear high heels today. I believe it's the wisest thing I've ever done.

"Keep up, Felix!" Claude called back, not even looking back.

"Or we could slow down..." I suggested before receiving his 'We are certainly not' "Or we could just keep up this pace...Why, it's bothering no one after all."