Chapter 5

You woke up around six thirty, throwing on a quick sweatshirt and putting on your slippers as you headed to the kitchen to make some breakfast and check on your visitor. You fed Hiro, and headed to the guest bedroom, slowly opening the door to see Hawks still asleep. You gently closed the door and went back to the kitchen to begin cooking. You made some pancakes and cut up some of the fruit you had gotten yesterday from the store. You made two plates, setting them on the counter along with a glass of water. As you finished you heard a door open and then saw a tired looking Hawks come into the kitchen, taking a seat at the counter. You sat down next to him, using your quirk to relax his muscles as they were probably tight from sleeping. You could see him relax as he then started eating his food. "Thanks for letting me stay, and this food is delicious" he said, taking more bites. You smiled and nodded, eating your own food.

Once you both finished breakfast you gave him a towel so he could take a shower, as you also went and showered in your room. Once you were done you got ready for the day. You didn't put on your hero costume yet as you didn't know what Hawks was gonna do today. Once you finished you headed back to the living room to see Hawks on the couch, his hair damp and petting Hiro. You smiled, heading over to open some of the curtains and then going to your office. You logged onto your computer and checked up on some emails from Sara and other things. You heard Hawks enter the room, leaning against the wall next to your desk. "Need something?" you asked, not taking your eyes off your computer as you continued to type away. "Nope, just wanted to come and see what you were doing" he said now leaning against your desk and watching you work. You rolled your eyes and smiled, finishing up an email.

Once you finished, you stood up and headed back to the kitchen to finish cleaning up. "I do not get how you keep everything so clean" Hawks said as he watched you. "I've kind of always been like that, I like having things neat" you said, wiping down the counter. "Maybe I should have you over to help me clean one of these days" he said, laughing a bit. "Sure, I wouldn't mind doing that" you said, cleaning off the rag in the sink. "It seems like I don't have anything else today so we could go do that if you want" you said, heading over to the living room and opening up the balcony doors. "Alright, I think I should be ok to fly, my wings aren't too sore" Hawks said as he sat on the couch. You nodded, heading to the laundry room and grabbing his clothes, handing them to him as you got your shoes on.

You followed Hawks as you guys took off into the sky. It was a nice day today, not too windy and was pretty warm. You guys flew for a bit till you reached a penthouse on top of some building. You both landed on the balcony as he opened the balcony door to head inside. You were met with a modern looking apartment with a big living room and kitchen, except there was clothes and trash scattered around. "I usually never have time to clean, and I get home pretty late a lot of times" he said, walking over and sitting on one of the couches. You looked around at the decorations, seeing a figure of Endeavor and some other pictures. You headed to the kitchen to see a bunch of dirty dishes and everything just needed a good wipe down. You found some cleaning supplies and got to work. You hummed to yourself as you started on the dishes and loaded them up into the dishwasher. Once that was done you started wiping down and took out the trash. Once you finished you headed to the living room and picked up everything, then dusting and wiping down surfaces. Hawks sat on his couch watching you as you moved around the apartment.

--------------

You finished cleaning the whole apartment and then collapsed down onto the couch as Hawks sat down next to you. "Wow, I've never seen it this clean before" Hawks said, as he looked at you and headed into the kitchen, grabbing you a glass of water. You thanked him and took a sip, then stretching out your wings accidentally brushing Hawks with them. "Oh sorry about that" you said embarrassed as you tucked them back in. "It's all good" he said, avoiding eye contact. This made you confused but you brushed it off and headed to the kitchen to put your glass away after you finished your drink. You came back to see him out on his balcony.

You walked over, leaning against the banner and looking out at the city next to him. You closed your eyes, feeling the nice breeze against your face and wings. After working with Hawks for a week straight now you were starting to get more comfortable with him. You smiled and opened your eyes to see him looking over at you. "Something wrong?" you asked, looking at him confused. "Nope, I just wanted to look at you" he said, smirking and then laughing. You shook your head as you felt heat rise to your cheeks. "Its one right now, wanna get some lunch?" Hawks then said as he walked back inside. "Oh sure" you said, still a little embarrassed. You headed into his kitchen and looked around in his fridge and pantries to see if you could make something. You found some sandwich stuff and made two sandwiches, as he came in and sat down at his counter. You handed him his plates and stayed standing up.

You guys ate in a comfortable silence until you both finished. You quickly cleaned off the plates and then went into the living room where Hawks was already sitting on his couch. You sat next to him and activated your quirk a little bit to make sure everything was feeling alright. "Everything feeling good?" you asked as you stopped your quirk as he nodded. He was looking at his phone so you decided to just go back out onto his balcony. You sighed and looked down at the city. As you were looking around you saw a small explosion happen by one of the stores and you immediately jumped off the balcony to fly down to the ground.

Hawks pov-

I looked over my phone to see Angel on the balcony until she suddenly jumped off. I ran to the balcony confused and looked down to see a store had been broken into and there was some fire. I jumped off and flew down just in case. Once I reached there I saw her healing some people who got caught in the explosion and also saw some dudes who I assumed were the robbers lying on the ground knocked out. "Angel, everything under control" I asked as I ran over to her. "Yeah, those were the only two people I saw come out of the store and I was able to knock them out and there's only some minor injuries that I've taken care of" she said as the police arrived and she headed over to them to give a report on the incident. I looked around at the crowd that had gathered around as they were looking at Angel. They all then started cheering for her.

Your pov-

Once you finished giving your report, you heard some cheering which you figured was for Hawks as he was there, until you started hearing Angel. Hawks waved for you to come over to him as everyone continued to cheer for you. "You were awesome Angel" you heard someone say, making you smile. You gave a small wave to everyone, as Hawks then took your hand and went off into the sky. He continued to hold your hand as he then took you back to his apartment.

--------------

You guys just had some dinner and you had to finally leave to go and check up on Hiro. You were sad to leave and you didn't know why but you brushed it off as you said goodbye and took off into the sky. Once you got home you fed Hiro and decided to head to bed early as you would start up patrols again with Hawks tomorrow.