34- Surprise!

As summer continued on, the Cullens were forced to stay away from everyone as the sun started coming out more. Because of that, I spent some time at the Rez with Sam. Our short visits were a fun time for me to get away and relax away from the super hearing family I had. As much as I loved them, some space was greatly appreciated every now and then.

I was over at the Rez when I got a text from Jasper asking me to please come home because he missed me so much. Seeing as I had already spent the entire day at the Rez, I consented and decided to go home.

As I made my way back, Jasper wasn't waiting at the edge of the treaty line like he usually was, and I thought something was up, but I couldn't figure out what. I continued walking till I made it to the house. I walked up to the front door and threw it open, yelling, "I'm home!"

When I got no response, I made my way further into the house. As I entered the living room, the entire family jumped out from behind furniture and yelled, "Surprise!"

I jumped back in shock as I yelled. "What?" I asked the family in shock.

Jasper sped over to me and wrapped me in a hug before saying, "Happy birthday, Puppy."

Realization dawned on me as I realized what day it was. "I literally forgot," I told him.

"I know. That made this surprise party really easy to plan." He kissed me on the cheek before letting me go.

I turned to face the family to thank them, only to realize Rosalie and Emmet were back from their trip.

"You guys!" I yelled in excitement as I ran straight to Emmet.

"Lucky!" Emmet yelled back at me. He wrapped in a big hug while Rosalie laughed at the two of us. "I missed you so much!"

"He literally wouldn't stop talking about you," Rosalie said.

I let go of Emmet to hug Rosalie as well. "I did not!" Emmet yelled at her.

"Yes, you did," Rosalie told him as I let go.

I turned to face the rest of the family with a smile on my face. "Thank you guys for remembering my birthday even when I forgot."

"Of course." Carlisle smiled as he spoke. "It's fun to celebrate birthdays even when you don't age."

"Besides," Edward said, drawing attention to himself. "Alice would kill us for not throwing a party when we had a good reason to."

"I would not!" Alice exclaimed, looking at Edward.

"Alice," Noah said to her, wrapping his arms around her. "You most certainly would."

I smiled slightly at their interaction before a feeling of dread washed over me.

"What's wrong?" Jasper asked me.

"Don't tell me you bought me presents," I whined, making Edward laugh at me.

"Don't worry," Edward told me, "we limited ourselves to one gift each."

"Y'all are crazy," I said, sitting down on the couch.

"Y'all?" Jasper had a wide grin on his face as he repeated what I said.

"Oh no!" I yelled. "You're accent is rubbing off on me!"

"Present time!" Emmet stopped our conversation by handing me a present and sitting on the couch next to me. "I think you'll love it."

I opened his present to see a new Mario Kart game. "Oh my gosh!" I yelled. "Another game for me to beat you at!"

Emmet smiled at my childish reaction as I hugged him to thank him.