Chap. 7

The bus finally stopped.

We pulled up in an incredible, modern style house. It had it's own pool, about a thousand cars, and it was practically a freaking mansion.

Sarah and I stepped off the bus and took it all in. I could get used to this life.

I grabbed my friend's hand and laughed like I never had before. I was nervous and excited.

"Take it all in, Ryan," Said Amanda, "This may be the last time you see this house since you're going home after this round."

"Speak for yourself." I whispered.

"What did you say?" She said.

"Nothing." I said with a smile, Sarah snickered.

"Whatever." She says as she rolls her eyes, then leaves.

Sarah and I crack up and make our way inside.

~~~~~~

As we enter, we find ourselves in the most gorgeous and exquisite living room. Britney was standing by the fireplace.

"Welcome to my home!" She exclaimed, "Please sit!"

Sarah and I sat down. Amanda and her crew sat down on the other edge.

"So, today; we have our mash-ups!"

"What?" Exclaimed Sarah, "I thought we had more time!"

"You do," continued Britney, "You have about five hours to compose your mash-up."

The nerves hit me like a wrecking ball.

"Chop, chop, girls." She said with a smile, then left.

~~~~~~

I've been composing for hours.

I decided that I would sing a mash-up of 'Rude' and 'Am I Wrong'.

I recorded myself singing it and I have been listening to it non stop.

I paused it. I sat in silence. I needed a break.

I texted Cole.

'How are you guys doing?'

'Fine, I guess. How about u?"

'I'm dying! I've been composing none stop.'

'We have been composing too. But we can't decide on how to split the solos.'

'You'll figure it out! I've seen you guys, you have nothing to worry about.'

'Likewise.'

I smiled, he made me feel happy.

'Talk to you soon.'

I locked my phone and continued singing. I was going to ace that mash-up even if it was the last thing I ever did.

~~~~~

When I came back to the living room, there was a list pasted on the concrete wall.

I looked at it. Sarah was going first and I was going last.

I approached her, "You know you have nothing to worry about, right?"

"No, I have to ace this."

"You will. I've heard you sing, Sarah. You're one of the best singers I know!"

She inhaled, the exhaled.

"You're right. This is gonna be fine."

I smiled and patted her back, "You'll thank me when they call your name."