Chapter 1:Different

Life is full of twists, turns and surprises. Cheeky little plays and pushes to continue on the path that has been lain out. A lovely dream that gets cut short at the same time every morning and the prompt arises that follows, simply another day, to chase the inescapable. Anastasia awoke like she always did, early and with a jump. She swung her legs over the bed and stretched, ice blue orbs slowly sweeping the room. She could see Ginny's sleeping form in the bed across the room. Their room was a decent size, with two twin beds, a chest of drawers, a full-length mirror and a drawing desk. The light pink walls brightened up the room as light streamed in through the window. Holyhead Harpies posters covered a portion of Ginny's side of the room. Anna's side of the room was decorated with pictures, and a violin case was propped against the end of her bed. She took the comb off the nightstand, walked over to the mirror in the room's corner, and started carefully combing through her black hair. The wavy tendrils reached the center of her back and framed her square face with a soft touch. Once her hair was combed, out of habit, she ran her hand over her scar. The scar stretches from her hairline, over her right eye and stopped just at her nose. The scar over her eye cut deeper than the rest and hit to where the part of her eye directly under it is blind. People feel unnerved seeing someone with a slit of their eye milky white and their face scarred up. Anna strode to the dresser, sifted through her clothes, and tried to find something casual. She finally found her favorite blue t-shirt and some grey trousers to complement it. She quickly spritzed on a bit of fragrance before making her way down the stairs to help Aunt Molly make breakfast. Anna expertly navigated the stairs to avoid stepping on the squeaky boards. Once close to the bottom landing, she could hear Molly humming to herself, and pots being moved around. "Morning mum," she said once reaching the bottom of the stair. "Morning dear," the busy woman replied, shooting the girl a warm smile over her shoulder. Anna immediately got to work and in synch with her aunt. Once the food was done, she quickly fixed herself a plate and took a seat. It was not too long before thunderous feet made their way down the stairs as the rest of the kids raced each other to the table. Fred and George made it down first and sat on either side of her. "Morning Anna -," Fred started. "And how is our little fox??" George finished. She flashed them a brief smirk before she continued to eat her breakfast. Percy was the last one down the stairs, as always, he quietly fixed himself a plate and took the seat across from her. "Good morning, Anastasia," he said once he got settled. A small smile ghosted his features as he bumped her foot under the table. That was one of the rare moments he let anyone see past his suit of armor. The moment was over once everyone else started sitting down and he slipped back behind his stone mask. "Morning Perc," Anna said as she leaned across the table and lightly ruffled his hair. He huffed in annoyance, rolling his eyes and swatted her hand away. They may not be her family by blood, but they are her family in heart. Aunt Molly and Uncle Arthur had made sure that for Anna's whole life, she had known about what happened to her birth parents and the Potter family. They also occasionally told her stories about her parents if she pestered them enough. Anna's thoughts are interrupted by the screech of an owl. She glanced over to the window and saw Errol narrowly swoop through, letters sticking haphazardly out of his beak. Molly took the letters from Hogwarts out of Errol's beak and started to hand them out. Anna got handed one and felt joy when she saw her name written in neat cursive on the front. Now that she is eleven, her and the twins can cause some mischief outside of the Burrow. "We will go to Diagon Alley tomorrow to get your supplies," Molly announced while looking over Fred's letter. "We will have to get Ronald and Anastasia more supplies since it is their first year," Percy reminded his mother after skimming Anna's list. Anna excused herself from the table, put her dishes in the sink and made her way to her shared room. She had not any chance to practice her abilities all week. Her magic gave the family quite a scare when it first started taking root. It was normal for young witches and wizards to have trouble controlling their magic as it kicks in, but it was quickly discovered that Anna was..... different.