Day 2 - Penpals Send More Than Letters

Damian hurried to the mailroom. He was expecting a something from his long time penpal. They have been penpals for many years and it's the only thing that gets Damian to almost act his real age. His father had no idea who the person was or how his son and this person became penpals. This made Bruce a little bit suspicious but nothing he said or did stopped his son from corresponding with this person. Alfred even gave Bruce a lecture when he tried to read the letters or at the very least what was inside them before his son.

Dick on the other hand was happy for Damian. He remembered when he had a penpal as well. It was a special thing to have. Jason didn't care but that didn't stop him from reading the letters Damian received once he had gone to school. Let's just say Jason wanted to meet this person to find out how they tamed the demon. Tim was confused why they didn't email. Why send letters that can take from a few days to a few weeks. Alfred though enjoyed watching his master's reactions to when young master Damian received mail from his penpal.

Damian finally reached the mail room and started to go through it until he found the one he was looking for. It was a white smooth envelope that was tapped to a white box. He grabbed them and ran to his room before anyone could stop him. There he opened the letter eager to find out was happening with his friend.

D,

I am only happy when I read your letters. My friends have all left me, my parents only keep me out of the law and duty. And my friend who taught me many things is gone. I am left with a massive responsibility that I have never had to deal with before. I am lonely with no one to talk to besides you. I want to be able to visit you in person but I have not the faintest idea on how to do that with me be a minor.

The silver fox has woven her web so tight no one will even give me a chance to explain myself. I have taken to making myself invisible and it works only %.5 of the time. The fox comes in with fake injuries and lies causing the sheep to become attack dogs. In hopes that this will help my life I have started my own company. It is anonymous so no one not even you sadly will know it's me. I have never felt that I needed to keep secrets until a few years ago. I have never told my friends about you and a few other thing including my family a few years ago.

How are you D? In your last letter it sounded as if you were distracted and confused. Is something major happening in your life? I know your birthday is happening soon so I have sent you a gift. If it doesn't fit correctly just send it back. But if it does I'm glad it does.

Your penpal,

M

Damian smiled at the letter. He loves reading his penpal letters but they had recently taken a turn from a happy go lucky person to one who to many worries and responsibilities. He wished he knew who they were so he could help them. They had helped him when he was in the league at the age of eight to now. From when he lost his grandfather and when he came out of the pit. He wanted to help them but there was virtually nothing he could do. The only clues he had for who they were the smell of the letters being of a bakery, how their hand writing is in french. He assumed that they were a girl by how elegant their hand writing was but that was it. He turned to the package and opened it up.

 He turned to the package and opened it up