25 | night sky

the last hues of autumn

×

| third pov |

"where are we going?" (first name) asked as xiao was dragging her along the mountain side of liyue harbor.

the crisp colorful leaves slowly fell from each tree. it was the last few days of autumn.

it was the solstice of summer when you arrived in xiao's life, (first name) figured out that winter would be her last stop in season.

xiao didn't answer her question, but yet he looks back at her with a soften look.

"anemo wielders have cold hands.." (first name) mentioned as she tightly grasped xiao's hand, "but i don't mind as long as they're yours."

"stop saying such non sense." xiao replied but (first name) could see the red blush forming from his ears.

it was the end of fall.

the end of the dancing canopies of red and orange hues along the cool comforting breeze.

"we're here," xiao told (first name) as a giant blanket was set on top of the reddish brown grass.

the trinkets of golden crystalflies flew within the top of the horizon, "it's beautiful," (first name) mouthed as she walked towards the blankets and gently sat down.

"when did you prepare all of this?" (first name) asks but xiao only sits next to her.

"it wasn't that hard to do," he replied as the glistening stars in the night sky reigned their visions.

the moon brightly shining down the both of them

"it's beautiful," (first name) commented as her gaze focused on the bright moonlight.

"some things never change.." (first name) quietly mumbles as the sky continued to glow.

(first name) noticed how off xiao was acting out, afraid that he'll think that she's being timid, she tried to find a chance to speak out,

"there's nothing timid about you, having the courage to ask about me is very like you already," xiao suddenly mumbled as he heard her thoughts.

"are you upset?" (first name) asks xiao once more as he only sighed.

"i am not,"

"then why are you so quiet?"

"i have always been quiet."

"but," xiao looked over (first name)'s eyes,

"if you awake to a knife at your throat, if monsters dig their claws into you, if death comes knocking at your door, call out my name. adeptus xiao. i will be here when you call.."

(first name) had an expression xiao couldn't paint out, "i don't know what you're trying to say," he told her.

"your expression, i can't read it."

"is that so?" (first name) smiled at him, "i am feeling guilt."

"immense guilt.." she began to say the smile on her face wears off.

"i am far from human. i can't make much of human emotions. but does your guilt associate with me not wanting you to leave?" xiao asked (first name). she gave him a bitter smile and nodded.

"regardless, i will still call out your name."

"even in my last breath." (first name) told him as she held both of his hands.

"how are you feeling now?" she followed up.

"..the usual,"

"their voices.. i can always hear them. their screams, their cries, demanding more death.. this is my burden to carry." xiao sighed

"it has nothing to do with you."

"i will help you get rid of them, i am the key to your life." (first name) firmly tells him as she pulled xiao closer to her,

"like before.. i will take it from you."

"all of your pain,"

"they will disappear with me," she suddenly pins down xiao as visible shock was written all over his face.

"don't say such things like that, it has everything to do with me," she loudly declares as a few strands of her hair falls down over to xiao's face.

xiao slowly puts his hand over to cuff a half of (first name)'s cheek, "it's too late.. the connection between us is too strong." he stares directly over (first name)'s eyes as neither of them backed off from staring at each others gaze.

"even if you wanted to, it's too late to sever it."

"..i've never thought of doing that as long as i live, adeptus xiao.." she tells him as xiao's whole expression softens with watery eyes.

"say it again.." he tells her, "..call out to me again,"

"adeptus xiao,"

"again.."

"adeptus xiao."

"again.." he says one more time as a single tear rolls down his eye.

"there is nothing to sever.. as long as i live.. adeptus xiao."

×

rel: hohoho merry christmas