34

Before Sarah can even move, Valentine threw dust at the brunette who was suddenly frozen in place as if she was imprisoned by an invisible wall

Before Sarah can even move, Valentine threw dust at the brunette who was suddenly frozen in place as if she was imprisoned by an invisible wall. She looked up at the man whose face was unreadable like always, "A little gift from the Seelie Queen."

"What have you done?" Her eyes flitted to the redhead who was cradling Jace's head in her lap, she was helpless to do anything as she pushed against the invisible barrier

"What I have to do, Sarah."

"You didn't have to do this" She shook her head in denial as Jace took his last breath and his body stilled in the redhead's arms who wailed in agony at the loss of her lover, Sarah had felt the stab in her heart when Valentine stabbed Jace, they weren't truly siblings or parabatais but their bond was stronger than that, they were family, the snowflake necklace burned at her neck

Clary had tried, fueled with the death of the person she truly loved, she swung the blade at Valentine who was quick to avoid her swing, it didn't need a genius to realize that despite her anger, she was no match for the older Shadowhunter who quickly struck her across the face deeming the redhead unconscious.

Sarah stood motionless, it wasn't really the first time she had felt helpless by the hands of Valentine, she kept on pushing on the invisible wall but to no avail, trapped, useless, loss, pain, and anger coursed through her veins. Valentine was unaware of the growing anger inside the brunette.

Her life flashed in front of her eyes years of pain and suffering from the man who claimed to be her father, years she could've lived with her real father, the promise of having the family she always wanted, ripped away from her, but what really had moved her was the promise that she made, Two promises, One to the person she loved more than anything and one to the person she loathed.

Perhaps it wasn't the loath she carried not this time, it was a sense of protection, of salvaging the mistake she had just done, and like a switch, something changed within the brunette, a surge of energy coursed through her body as if the invisible force keeping her in was pushing her away.

Valentine was deterred by the noises he turned around, and the scene had amazed him, Sarah was glowing with white light all over her figure, the force of the brunette had struck Valentine as the barrier exploded, he shook his head in anger raising his blade.

Sarah raised her blade, and they both struck at the same time, blades crashing together, "I made you a promise." He frowned, but the brunette didn't give him the chance to think over what she said before she struck him again with the blade to which he evaded.

"Love had made you weak." he spit out, "Pathetic."

The brunette was relentless, striking her blade with every power in her but Valentine would duck, evade and try to strike the brunette himself with all his might, but the Shadowhunter had an invisible power pushing her until she struck the blade out of Valentine's hand, "No, it gives me something to fight for."