42-44

Chapter 42 - She Wasn't Upset At All. Quite the Contrary, She Was Pleased By The Development (1)

Not wanting to admit that he was just a bourgeois, Li WangJin had no choice but to keep his mouth shut. Holding back what he wanted to say was like torture.

As he was in a not-so-good mood, Li WangJin didn't say much after that and Fang JunRong was able to have a peaceful time. Fang JunRong half closed her eyes and started thinking about the content of the book. She suddenly remembered a very important part of it.

Based on her memories of her previous life, Jiang YaGe would be saving Wang Xiao in the next few days. Fang JunRong had some recollection of the incident. Jiang YaGe already had her bracelet by then and had successfully developed the White Jade Cream. After Jiang YaGe had saved him, she hid him under her bed and used the White Jade Cream to heal him. That was how Wang Xiao fell in love with the kind Jiang YaGe who never looked at him with prejudice. Ever since then, Wang Xiao's sword would point whichever direction that Jiang YaGe's little heart desired.

Fang JunRong figured that Xiao Wang should be arriving in the next few days.

Fang JunRong's lips curved a little bit – she wondered how Jiang YaGe would heal Wang Xiao during this life without the magical drug, White Jade Cream. Would she take him to the hospital or use regular medications on him privately? Of course, Fang JunRong hoped it was the latter. That way, even if Wang Xiao had only sustained minor injuries, it'd turn into serious issues with the delay in time. She could then nicely call the cops.

She didn't get it sometimes. Wouldn't a normal person's first reaction after running into an injured, vicious-looking, obviously a criminal person be either calling the cops or taking him to the hospital? What was going through Jiang YaGe's mind to bring him home and try to nurse him back to health?

She thought about it for a bit and arrived at a conclusion; must be his looks! After all, Wang Xiao was a good-looking man. Why else would that He ShuHua acted like she was spellbound?

Fang JunRong had long been prepared for this. She had placed spy cameras in Jiang YaGe's room before she moved in. They would come in very handy now.

***

This was a night with a bright moon and few stars. Jiang YaGe was on her way home with her backpack. She had gone out with her roommates today and didn't notice the time. She had wanted to call the chauffeur to pick her up, but the chauffeur was already on his way to pick up Zhong Yi. So she decided to head home on her own.

She turned a corner and a shadow covered her and a shadow on the ground in front of her. The very next second, she was enveloped in the smell of blood.

Jiang YaGe let out a cry, but before the cry had turned into a shriek, she saw a handsome face and stopped herself. Her face flustered. Li ShiZe, living under the same roof as her, was already an incredibly handsome man, and this strange man was almost every bit as handsome. In addition, there was an even stronger male pheromone radiating from him, making her knees weak.

"If you dare make a sound, I will kill you. Now take me back to your place."

She was pushed onto the ground by the man and she felt the coldness of metal on her neck. It was a pistol.

Wang Xiao reminded her of a wolf. Dangerous, but also very appealing. She bit her lower lips and said softly, "You are hurt. I can help you."

The man wanted to say something else. His eyes were filled with alertness, but finally his hand fell and he lost consciousness.

Jiang YaGe paused for a bit before she struggled out from under the man. Under the street light, she could see a terrifying bloody hole on his left arm. She turned pale uncontrollably – it looked like it'd hurt a lot. Blood was still coming out of the would and dripping onto the ground.