45-47

Chapter 45 - An Enemy Was Made (1)

Of course, she wouldn't feel bad even if something was to happen to Wang Xiao. She would only be happier. When she saw that Jiang YaGe was trying to get Wang Xiao out of the house, she came out purposefully to add fuel to the fire.

She also wasn't worried that Wang Xiao would do anything to hurt her. First of her, his pistol was already put away by Jiang YaGe. Plus, when he was running such a high fever, he wouldn't be able to do much even if he had wanted to.

Fang JunRong carefully hid her look of disgust. With a teasing look, she asked Jiang YaGe, "Is that you boyfriend, YaGe? You should have told us that you already have a boyfriend. Your dad kept saying that he wanted to introduce some nice men to you."

Jiang YaGe was so nervous that she was sweating. She denied reflexively, "No, no. We are just friends..."

That's right. The one that she likes is Li ShiZe. He looked distant but would only show her his tender side. She only thought of Wang Xiao as a good friend... Over the course of the last few days, she had learned Wang Xiao's name and his identity. Nevertheless, Jiang YaGe didn't think that was a big deal nor would she look at him with prejudice based on his past. Quite the contrary, that fact that he was once a gang member made him all the more appealing to her.

Fang JunRong's smile deepened, except her smile was only superficial. "I know you girls are always shy and don't want to admit to it."

Jiang YaGe's face was so red that it would bleed. She just kept on shaking her head in denial. She didn't want Li ShiZe's mother to think of her as an easy woman. That thought occupied her so much that she had temporarily forgotten about Wang Xiao who had fallen onto the floor.

Fang JunRong came down the stairs and asked, "Did something happen to your friend?"

That was when Jiang YaGe finally remembered about Wang Xiao. Panic in her voice, she said, "He was injured and is running a fever from infection. I am just about to take him to the hospital."

Fang JunRong nodded and said, "Okay. Let me call up the chauffeur and have him take us to the hospital."

She hoped heaven would hear her prayer and Wang Xiao would turn into a fool from the high fever. It would probably be a good thing for society if he became a fool anyway. What she really wanted to know was whether Wang Xiao would still be crazy over Jiang YaGe after what she had done to him.

Noticing that Fang JunRong didn't ask any more questions, Jiang YaGe thought she had successfully dodged the bullet and let out a sigh of relief. She was very worried about her adopted mother asking why she brought a stranger into the house.

Fang JunRong called the chauffeur over. With the help of the chauffeur, Jiang YaGe was able to shove Wang Xiao inside of the car successfully.

About half an hour later, they arrived at the closest hospital. After Wang Xiao's hat and shades were taken off, Fang JunRong put on an appropriate look of surprise. "Oh, it was him!"

Wang Xiao's condition wasn't good, and he had already been taken into a patient room.

Jiang YaGe turned to Fang JunRong and asked, "Mom, you know him?"

Fang JunRong nodded slightly and said to her nonchalantly, "Of course. He's the future son-in-law of the He's."

This was the first time Jiang YaGe heard about this. Her mouth dropped open, and she couldn't describe the emotions that she was feeling right now. He was already engaged and he lied to her...

Chapter 46 - An Enemy Was Made (2)