48-50

Chapter 48 - There Is Something I Want To Show You. But Be Warned and Don't Be Too Sad When You See It (1)

"I... I am so sorry..."

Jiang YaGe really didn't think that her trying to save Wang Xiao would end up making matters worse. She followed the instructions online to the T.

Pearl-like tears filled her eyes and rolled down her light-colored cheeks, making her look even all the more pitiful. The Wang Xiao a day ago would have felt his heart ached had he seen this. The Wang Xiao right now could only think about how his left arm might be ruined and the culprit that had caused it was standing in front of him with her pitiful look. It only made him hate her more.

His look was vicious like a demon who wanted to tear up a human. His ferocious and terrifying look gave Jiang YaGe the chills, and she reflexively shuddered a bit. She had never seen Wang Xiao looking so terrifying before today.

"I really didn't mean to do that. I just wanted to help you." Terrified, she even hiccuped from crying too hard, looking even more pitiful.

Fang JunRong put on a surprised look. "YaGe, why do you need to apologize to him? You were kind enough to take him to the hospital. Why would he be mad at you? The one who caused his wound to worsen was the one who treated him. It has nothing to do with you."

She acted like she was feeling unjust for Jiang YaGe.

Wang Xiao's eyes were burning with fire when he looked at Jiang YaGe. "You... you skank! You did that on purpose, didn't you?! You kept me in your room just to delay the time I could receive treatment!"

The more Wang Xiao thought about it, the more that made sense to him. What other normal woman would bring a man with a gunshot wound home and not be afraid of him? She was probably sent by his rivals to fool him with her looks while waiting for his wound to worsen.

He hadn't expected having been so brilliant his entire life that he would have fallen to this woman.

He stared at her so intensely that his eyes could split apart. His fury burned so high that he was no longer able to think. He struggled to lunge at her but was too weak from his temperature. Trying to move, only disturbed his injury and his face twisted from the pain.

Jiang YaGe was terrified by his demonic look and couldn't help but take a few steps back. Finally, not being able to bear it anymore, she turned around and ran out of the room.

Fang JunRong kindly pushed the button for Wang Xiao to notify the medical staff before she, too, left the room. The drama tonight was amazing. In her previous life, Jiang YaGe was Wang Xiao's goddess. It looked like she'd be his enemy in this lifetime. Knowing how vindictive Wang Xiao was, lots more would be coming Jiang YaGe's way for making him her enemy.

Thinking about what had happened to both XinYun and herself in her previous life, Fang JunRong wished the two of them would try to hurt each other as much as possible. Truth be told, she felt that Wang Xiao should take half the responsibilities for what had happened to him.

Jiang YaGe did not possess professional knowledge in treating gunshot wounds, so it's only natural for her to treat it like a normal wound. That Wang Xiao would just trust a complete stranger and left it all up to her? She couldn't think of another plausible explanation other than his intelligence was lowered by his desire for Jiang YaGe. But, Wang Xiao would never admit that he was partially responsible for it and would blame it all on Jiang YaGe.

When she found Jiang YaGe, Jiang YaGe was still crying silently, looking pained and full of sorrow.

Fang JunRong asked, "Wang Xiao said you kept him in your room for days just to delay him seeking treatment, was that true?"