70-72

Chapter 70 - One Would Only Feel the Pain When One Was Stuck With The Knife (1)

Li WangJin had only suspected his rivals in business and he had spent a decent amount looking into each and every single one of them. He never expected that it all had to do with Jiang YaGe. YaGe was so pure and tender. How could it be possible that she had offended a ruthless person like Wang Xiao?

But an incident involving strong acid couldn't be committed by just anyone. If it was Wang Xiao, that made much more sense.

"That you'd have to ask her. I think it was something like she had caused him injuries to his hand and he's a very vindictive person, so we became victims by proxy." She looked at Li WangJin sarcastically. "Now that everyone knows that we have been divorced and you take Jiang YaGe with you everywhere you go, of course he'd target you for revenge."

Wang Xiao was still the same man as the one in her memories. He was ruthless and thought of himself as above the law. Now he has even gone as far as splashing acid on someone. If they could nail him for that, that'd ensure a few years of prison sentence for him and have him answer to the law.

Li WangJin knew his ex-wife fairly well. If she only had an inkling about Wang Xiao, she would never have mentioned anything about him. She must be at least 80% certain it was him.

The thought of Jiang YaGe having made such a ruthless man their enemy made Li WangJin feel that there was a thorn in his back. He didn't want to continue this conversation with Fang JunRong and left shortly thereafter.

Now that he has a specific target, the investigation went much smoother. In addition, Wang Xiao's man was just the same as him, arrogant and not low-key. He only had to feed them a little bit of extra alcohol before he found out everything he needed to know.

Over the years, Li WangJin had rarely ever been in this predicament, especially being victimized by someone of the younger generation. He was so angry that his teeth hurt. But he was a scheming person. He didn't jump on it right away but waited to collect more evidence against Wang Xiao.

After he had received accurate information, he returned to the hospital to visit Wang SiXian and Jiang YaGe. Jiang YaGe had spent the entire night at the hospital keeping Wang SiXian company. As she had been up all night, her eyes were red like those of a rabbit and her skin did not glow like it normally did. She even had a pimple on her chin, making her look very haggard.

Seeing Li WangJin, her eyes beamed. "Dad, did you find out who did it?" In her mind, her adopted father was very mighty.

Wang SiXian gave Li WangJin the exact same look.

Li WangJin took in a deep breath and said, "It was Wang Xiao."

Wang SiXian was expecting to hear "Fang JunRong", but the name that came from Li WangJin was one that she had never heard before. There was confusion amidst her anger. "Who is Wang Xiao and why did he want to do this to me?"

Jiang YaGe's face turned from white to green and her pupil dilated silently. Wang Xiao's sinister and ruthless look that he gave her before he left popped into her mind all of a sudden, and she shuddered. There was helplessness and fear in her voice. "How could it be him? Are you sure it was him?"

Observing her reaction, Li WangJin had a complex feeling inside of him. "Yes, it was him."

So much had happened to him recently, and he had subsequently spent so much time and money on it that he had become the laughingstock in his circle. He had always assumed that it was him who had offended someone inadvertently. It turned out that all of the misfortunate events that had befallen on him was caused by the simple and kind looking Jiang YaGe.