88-90

Chapter 88 - The turn of events was so abrupt that they thought they might have injured their backs (1)

Fang JunRong was not in the habit of watching these types of shows. She much preferred movies to variety TV shows. But, even she had to admit that there was a reason why this show had gained such popularity as of late. It certainly has its strong suits.

Nevermind about anything else, the few regular people that were on the shows were quite interesting. She started watching the show for Jiang YaGe, but as the showed continued, she finished watching the entire episode without even realizing it. Jiang YaGe has yet to show up. It looked like the show had put her in the following episode, which would be aired right after this one.

Speaking of, the host Zhou Yang had double checked with her whether she really wanted this aired. After all, if what Jiang YaGe said was true, it would be bad publicity for her. Fang JunRong calmly informed her that the painting was a gift from Li WangJin. Zhou Yang busted out laughing on the other side of the phone and never brought this up again.

After the first episode was over, the commercials had started. The commercial time was quite long.

She sliced herself up a plate of fruits to eat slowly. By now, Li XinYun and Zhong Yi had come home. The two of them had gone shopping together today. As Zhong Yi's grandmother had been recovering better than expected, Zhong Yi had been in a good mood as of late. Her school would be starting a few days after Li XinYun's, but as she had signed up to greet the new students, she would need to return to school on the 8th.

The two of them sat down, one on each side of Fang JunRong, to watch TV with her.

The next episode started after the commercials were over.

Jiang YaGe came onto the show about halfway through the episode. She had paid a lot of attention to her appearance for the show. Her light makeup nicely accentuated her features and the white dress that she had on made her look pure and charming. Add those to her eyes that could tell their own stories, she was every bit as attractive as the host when standing next to her.

Zhou Yang started with some compliments.

Li XinYun was stunned. "Why is she on this show?"

Fang JunRong lifted her chin and said, "Keep watching and you will see."

The Jiang YaGe on TV put on a shy smile and started with her self-introduction before she pulled out the painting of beautiful women. Her eyelashes were long and made her look even more innocent on the camera.

All the audiences on site gasped when she talked about how her parents had passed away and she was adopted by Li WangJin, who was a good friend of her parents. Li WangJin, after all, was quite well-known within the country.

"This is one of Xu FangWeng's later works," said Jiang YaGe as she produced it. "It was also given to me as a gift the first time I met my adoptive mother."

Zhong Yi frowned and asked, "What is she trying to pull?" She brought the gift from her adoptive mother onto the show to be appraised? Did she not feel that that was very inappropriate? Jiang YaGe, her once good friend, was feeling more and more unfamiliar. She didn't know whether it was her who had changed a lot or that she has been too silly in the past to see the truth about her good friend. She had always thought of herself as somewhat intelligent, but in looking back, she had been nothing but a complete fool.

Li XinYun sneered. "Perhaps she just wanted the attention so she could join the entertainment circle."

Without knowing the whole story, the two kids only thought Jiang YaGe was after fame and popularity."