94-96

Chapter 94 - If anything, it was his father's fault for trying to save that money and now he had to suffer the consequence (1)

Jiang YaGe continued to speak in her pitiful voice. "I am so sorry. I knew that painting was a counterfeit ahead of time. I was just so upset...... I was so upset that even though she is your real mother, she was so mean to you, ignoring the difficulties that you are facing. That's why I wanted to teach her a small lesson.

"I am so sorry. This was my punishment for doing bad things that are against my nature. I never should have tried to do something like this."

All of Li ShiZe's anger dissipated immediately. He never thought that the always kind and gentle Jiang YaGe's very first evil act was all for him. Ever since he was a child, he had lived under his parents' halo. No matter how well he did, everybody else would look at it matter-of-factly. After all, he was the son of Li WangJin and Fang JunRong. He had the best education since he was a child. It was only right for him to be above everyone else.

YaGe was the only one who saw him for who he was. She even stupidly tried to use her own way to protect him.

He shouldn't have blamed her. If anything, it was his father's fault for trying to save that money and now he had to suffer the consequence.

"Don't cry." His voice had softened down.

Jiang YaGe said frightfully, "I worry that Dad would kick me out. I don't want to leave you."

Li ShiZe immediately decided to give up on his father. "Don't worry. I will protect you and not let him do anything to harm you."

***

Li WangJin knew nothing about this. Not even what was going on on Weibo.

He went out networking yesterday and had inadvertently drank too much which made him sleep all the way until the afternoon of the next day. When he woke up, he felt that his head had been drilled by an electric drill. It hurts so much that his brows furrowed.

He rubbed his temples, and it was the first time he missed Fang JunRong since the divorce. This rarely happened to him in the past as Fang JunRong would always give him medicine for over drinking whenever that happened to him.

Bobbling his head, he looked over at the person lying next to him in bed. This was the woman that he had brought back with him last night. Her young and curvy body had brought him a lot of pleasure.

His lips curved upward slowly until he looked at his cellphone. He was shocked by the 100+ unanswered calls. The sheer number of calls told him immediately that something had gone very wrong last night.

He had muted his phone last night; plus, he had drunk too much and failed to notice.

Li WangJin flipped through the call log. Many called him during that period of time – his assistant, shareholders of the company, and a few old friends scattered in between. He felt his heart sank and he immediately read the texts.

As he read one text after another, he started piecing together the event that had taken place last night, and his hand that was holding his phone started to shake. He felt his stomach twisted into a knot, and he felt so ill that he wanted to vomit. He would never have thought that the normally very docile Jiang YaGe would ignore his words. She went on to the "Fate of Antiques" show and revealed the truth that the painting was a counterfeit.

Great. He was dragged right into this. And now the entire country had found out that he had gifted his ex-wife a counterfeit.

What Li WangJin had tried so hard to hide had been revealed to all so publicly and so unexpectedly. It had turned him into the subject matter of everybody's conversation.