103-105

Chapter 103 - That would serve no purpose other than bringing more humiliation to himself (1)

Jian Shao was very alarmed when he faced this strange man who came out of nowhere. After all, mentally ill people could potentially get away scotch-free when they hurt another individual. He was well paid and he needed to contribute what was worthy of his pay.

He looked at Li ShiZe and shook his head. What a pity. He looked good enough to be an actor in the entertainment circle. Such a pity that his brain wasn't right. Instead of being a star, he had come here to scam others.

With all these crazy thoughts going through his head, Jian Shao never let his guard down.

Li ShiZe was infuriated. He had never been so insulted in his entire life. He was taken for a mentally ill patient? In his disbelief, he reflexively turned to look at his mother.

His mother had always been doting on both him and XinYun since they were kids and never let anything bad happen to them. To his disappointment, his mother's look was nonchalant. Even distant like someone waiting to see the drama unfold.

She no longer looked at him with the closeness and doting like before; they were only indifference and distaste. His heart dropped. He had a feeling that things had gotten out of hand. He had figured that his mother would be unhappy with him over the Jiang YaGe and Wang SiXian incident, but he was also confident that with her mother's feelings toward him she'd forgive him as long as he apologized nicely and explained the reasons behind his actions.

In the end, his chips were the love that his parents had for him. He was their only son.

This was the first time he realized that she just might have meant it when she said he was no longer her son. It wasn't just a spur of the moment.

When did her change toward him take place? He tried to recall but he noticed that he couldn't remember it.

Li ShiZe was frantic. The confidence that he had earlier was gone. He stuttered as he talked, "Mom..."

Hearing his weakened voice, Fang JunRong merely raised her brows. She had no particular feelings toward it.

She had spent many years in the mental institution in her previous life trying to figure out what she had done wrong. All the nights when she had tossed and turned in pain reminded her that she didn't do anything wrong. If she must say a reason, then it was that she had misplaced her trust in them.

Because of her feelings for them, she was silly to think that they feel the same toward her and would never hurt her. She did not realize how wrong she was all the way until she felt the excruciating stabbing pain on herself. The price she paid was her daughter, the most important person to her, and everybody else that was close to her.

As such, she would take back all her feelings for them in this lifetime.

As much as Li ShiZe looked very regretful right now, she was untouched. She didn't need this fake regret that was only meant to deceive her.

"Are you really giving up on me?" There was a weak pleading in his voice. This was as far as his pride would let him go. To him, this was already very humble of him.

Fang JunRong's smile was flawless. "Are you joking? I never had a son. It's not a matter of whether I am giving you up or not."

One must own something to be able to give it up.

Jian Shao might be a simple man, but he was no fool. He did sense something from the conversation between his boss and this young man. This young man didn't really look like someone who has escaped the mental institution; otherwise, his boss would have had him call the cops already.