Chapter 43

MUKTA

'The Pulao is yummy Vanni...Not bad huhhh...you also are inspired from my ways of cooking...good good I appreciate' Pattu said stuffing another big spoon of Pulao in her mouth while Rudra Dada choked upon the spoon full of Pulao he was eating.

Just then Omkar came out of the washroom and he passed me a deadly glare. Thank god I just used the normal marker and not the permanent one but then the marker was a neon glowing one which is why Om quickly washed his face. I passed him a towel and turned around looking at their suitcases which Jannu Dada had brought upstairs.

While Pattu and Dada were still eating I raised my eyebrow asking him the reason for their appearance...

'Actually Vanni...Mom Dad Bapama, Pattu's parents and grandparents all are going for Teertha Yatra (Holy visit to Hindu temples) which means Pattu will be alone at home while I go to office. And you know how she is with food and stuff. Mom doesn't trust the househelp with her diet specially with her wierd cravings and even more wierd cravings to cook. So mom suggested if you could come to Nayak Nivas which we know you won't...so we decided to shift here...I hope you don't mind Vanni!!!' Rudra Dada said it all in one breath and Pattu smiled and stuffed another spoon full of Pulao in her mouth and continued...

'So obviously... you know I can't stay without Rudra and Rabby so he joined us too!!!' she smiled dumping another spoon full of Pulao in her mouth showing me her yellow teeth.

But then my eyes went towards the man on whom I printed a graffiti sometime ago and Pattu added...

'Ohhhh ohhhh ohhhhh...you know how Omkar Anna is na Vanni...he is so scared of cockroaches and lizards...if I'm here who will keep him away from them...so I got him here too...I hope you don't mind!!!' she said stuffing another spoonful of the yellow Pulao in her mouth and splashing me her teeth.

To which I stood up saying...
'Now that I mind!!! Omkar cannot stay here Pattu...you know how it is...we are going to get divorced and I don't want Omkar here in this house!!! It's better he goes back home'

'But Vanni...Anna will be alone there who will cook for him' Rudra Dada tried to support him

But I was quick...
'There is enough househelp to take care of him Dada... they will all cook for him and moreover Mangalorean hotels are not on strike!!!' I say leaving him speechless.

While Omkar looks at me with hope but I look elsewhere. That's when I listen to a burp and we see it was Pattu.

She stands up and walks towards Omkar and holds his hands and says...
'I am so sorry Anna but looks like Shizuka Vanni isn't liking this. I know I told you I will always protect you bravely from those ugly cockroaches and those sticky lizards...

I'm so sorry I couldn't fulfill my promise. You are brave Anna you can win this. You can fight those ugly creatures. I know I know you don't get sleep since Shizuka Vanni isn't with you and now that we are also not along side neither mom dad and Bapama...here...you can keep my Rabby with you...he really gives you good sleep...' she says and I wonder how can she be so posessive about that pink white bunny soft toy. But then Pattu is Pattu!!!

She continues...I start to walk away but then what she says next falls on my ears...
'I know it's tough for you but then it's not easy for Shizuka Vanni also...you know how much complicated it can get... having your husband infront of your own eyes but then you can't hug him, kiss him...it's like having a platter full of masala dosa, biryani, chocolate milkshake and your favorite Ideals Chocolate Choconut ice cream all on a table and not able to eat it!!! Think about Shizuka Vanni's emotions and hormones too na!!! It's not easy!!! And to add on she keeps drowning in you like you always keep drowning in her!!!' she says it all battling her eyelashes and I lunge at once to them and say...