35

"Baby, please. What do you need?" Jake groaned.

Victoria had been whining for about an hour now. Her body was feeling funny, she was having a slight headache and her body was cold, until Jake put a blanket around her and she whined again, saying it was too hot. And the same process over and over again.

She whimpered, not seeing her dearly stuffy, but before her tears could fall, Jake took it from the floor next to the bed and gave it to her. Victoria immediately clutched to it, as if she could feel all better just by doing that.

Jake, on the other hand, didn't really understand what was going on. She had never got that fussy, not even with Ross, or Jeff, who loved to spoiled her often, so she would sometimes act a brat. This was something else, maybe she just missed her daddy.

"Are you all fussy because you miss Ross?" He asked, to which Vicky simply shook her head and covered herself with the blanket again.

That only made her feel worse, realizing how uncomfortable she felt. This time, she didn't fight the tears and Jake panicked, picking her up and bouncing her a little, rubbing circles on her back. Only then did he realize how hot she was, her forehead practically burning at his touch.

The man tried not to panic to avoid her getting more upset than se already was, and because even if he hadn't done anything wrong, he still feared Ross's reaction at seeing her little princess so sick in his arms. Trying not to bother Vicky too much, Jake went to one of the drawers in the bathroom and took a thermometer, signaling the girl to open her mouth.

"C'mon princess, open up" but she still refused, more tears falling down her face and burying her face into his shoulder. He sighed, but had an idea. "What if your daddy found out you're misbehaving?"

He knew it wasn't true, she was just sick, but it was the only way she could do as told. Victoria shyly opened her mouth, accepting the thermometer. After a few minutes, a 'beep' was heard, and Jake tried not to look surprised to not scare the girl in his arms. She had a fever, it wasn't too bad, but it wasn't slight either.

"You're okay, baby. Why don't you try to sleep a little more? Hm?"

She refused, squirming wanting to go down, but Jake obviously had a strong grip on her, not understanding what she wanted to do.

"Wanna go with daddy" she struggled to say.

"Shh, I won't let you go. He's still working, but he'll be here in no time, I promise"

That only made her whine again. Of course, it would be easier if she wasn't in little space, because she would simply say how she was feeling and would keep calm and stuff. But it was difficult to talk now, she just wanted the feeling to go away already, and having Ross with her was all she needed, even though Jake gave her some comfort.

Just in time, Marcus entered the bathroom, just to watch a fussy girl on his brother's arms. He looked at the thermometer next to them and hoped it wasn't a fever, but it was. The three of them looked at each other for a second before Victoria buried her head on Jake's chest.

"Meanie"

"Marcus?" He asked, dumfounded.

"Uh-huh. Scolded me"

The mentioned just stood there, his mouth opened in disbelief. He just wanted to go to the bathroom.

"You've heard her. Go away"

"I- uh... Baby, I didn't do anything wrong, I didn't scold you either" he said, but the girl only ignored him, repositioning herself. The man simply turned his attention to Jake before speaking again. "She's sick, she need some medicine"

And just like that, Vicky started crying over his demand, squirming at the mention of 'medicine'. Jake thought his brother was lucky that he had her in his arms, otherwise, he would have punched him. Although, he had to admit, it was okay to be that direct to her in that case, too.

"He's right baby, I'm sorry" Jake said, making her fuss even more. Honestly, she didn't know if she was more upset over the medicine or the thought of being sick. "You'll just have to take some pills and painkillers, you'll be fine"

"No, don't wanna"

"Vicky" Jake sighed, he only wanted her to be fine, why did she have to be so stubborn sometimes?

"Give her to me" Marcus sternly said, making both of them look at him. Jake did as told, Victoria feeling even in more discomfort at being repositioned, but at the end she didn't find it too bad. Marcus was warm, he repositioned her head on his wide chest, that was vibrating in calmed motions as he rubbed her back.

He signaled Jake to leave, which he slowly did, leaving the pair alone.

Marcus and Vicky then went to Ross and her's room, because he guessed that that's what she would had preferred. In other circumstances, Ross would had kill his brother for entering his room like that, but in that case it didn't matter, not when it came to his baby.

The man had a similar personality to Ross, even the way he talked to her was almost the same. After some minutes, she was finally calm, only sniffling from time to time, and already feeling sleepy.

"There you go. You're such a good girl, aren't you?" He said. The girl, loving being praised, simply nodded on his chest. "Now, let's go get you something to eat, some medicine, and put you to sleep"

Victoria wanted to protest again, but she knew it was to no use. Plus, all that fuss and crying made her too tired to even argue with Marcus. Maybe with Jake she could, or Jeff, but not with him or his own Daddy.

Speaking of which, she straightened up right away at the thought, asking the man about Ross.

"Ross won't take long, princess. He'll be here next to you when you wake up"

That being said, they went to the kitchen, where some goons were talking and smoking about some work stuff the girl didn't understand in his state, and whimpered at the smell and noise.

It only took a death glare from Marcus to make everyone leave as quickly as possible.

Surprisingly, the chef was already cooking some soup for her, to which the man thought that maybe Jake told him about it. But it didn't matter now. The scent of onion and chicken made her hum in satisfaction, as it had been long since she last tasted a good chicken soup.

"Brownie" she pointed once they were on the couch, petting the animal's furr while sat on the man's lap.

"Yeah, it's Brownie"

Well, his tone reflected some annoyance. He didn't hate the cat, he just hated his suits covered in its hairs. It would take him an eternity to get rid of it, but he couldn't tell that to anyone, or they'd kill him for saying such things about Victoria's precious cat.

...

Surprisingly, she ate all her food, earning many praises from him that made her feel happy, but she still felt sick. It wasn't too hard to give her the pills either, she just whined a little but accepted them only because of how tired she was.

"What happened?" Ross asked, appearing with a worried yet stern look on his face.