48

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

Harry spent hours sitting on the common room couch, he did absolutely nothing except wait for Y/N, Ron, and Hermione to get back.

Neville had provided him with a simple solution, now he completely relied on him, if Neville somehow forgot to bring the Gillyweed, he'd be done for.

He waited up until one in the morning, deciding that he needed rest, he took off to his dorm. Something must've happened, Y/N would never just disappear, especially not the night before the 2nd task.

If it were any other day, Harry would've gone to investigate, but he couldn't. Though it proved very difficult, his mind whirling with potential outcomes for the next day, Harry eventually fell asleep.

***

"Professor.." Hermione said timidly as the three of them stepped into her office. "I- I hope I haven't done anything wrong.."

"Of course not, please—" McGonagall said, looking at the three of them, sighing to herself. "—take a seat"

Suddenly the door pushed open, Madam Maxime walked in with a little blonde haired girl, she seemed to be even younger than a first year.

Y/N and Ron glanced at each other warily, before they sat down.

"Gabrielle 'zake a 'zeat" Madam Maxime said, the little girl nodded, shyly walking over and sitting on the empty chair.

Hermione furrowed her eyebrows, confused.

Y/N watched as Professor Dumbledore walked in followed by Karakroff.

"Now that everyone is here, we will explain why we have called the four of you here." Professor McGonagall levitated four cups of tea and slid it towards them. "Sugar?" She said, moving a small sugar jar in front of them.

"Yes please." Ron said, taking several large spoonfuls and dumping it into his tea.

Professor McGonagall internally rolled her eyes.

Y/N and Hermione too sweetened their cups and watched as Madam Maxime spooned two leveled spoons of sugar into Gabrielle's.

"Go on, drink it while it's warm," Professor McGonagall said.

The four of them brought the teacups up to their lips, taking a sip.

"Alright, the four of you are needed for the task tomorrow morning, as I'm sure the three of you know," she said looking pointedly at Y/N, Ron, and Hermione.

Hermione went pink.

"The next task requires something important to be taken from each champion. Something that will be greatly missed"

Ron had finished his tea by now.

"And you four, happen to be just that for each of our champions." Professor Dumbledore said, smiling.

Y/N, Ron and Hermione paled.

"You're putting us at the bottom of the lake?" Y/N asked, baffled.

"I can assure you Miss Black, there will be no harm done, you will all be asleep and taken care of by the most friendly of merpeople, you will wake up the moment you hit the surface of the water" she reassured.

"But-" Y/N was cut off by her own yawn. Her eyes started to feel rather droopy.

"Professor.." Hermione yawned. "What happens.." another yawn. "If they don't find us in time..?"