Bloody Painter x Reader

(TW: Suicide mention)

I watched the door slowly open. A man walked in leaving a plate of food before shutting the door. I looked around the white room, a single metal bed accompanied by a crappy thin mattress. A light that hung from the top of the ceiling that was always on. I didn't know how long it had been, weeks, months. It felt like years. I had been moved to solitaire after trying to attack my roomie. It wasn't my fault, they said I should have been left to die. I crawled over to the plate which was more of a tray. A sandwich lay on the tray by itself. I rolled my eyes pushing the tray away and crawling to a wall. I glanced at the bruises appearing on my knuckles around the scabs. I checked my wrists seeing the healing lines. I let out a huff, hitting my head on the wall. Of course there was no damage due to the padding. 

~~~

I was moved out of solitaire and into a new room with a new roommate. I watched the boy in front of me. He sat on the bed not looking up from the ground. His black hair covered his face, it was messy, hadn't been brushed in weeks I would guess. "Why are you in here?" I spoke up, my voice cracked. He didn't reply or move, just kept his eyes on the ground. "What's your name?" I asked. Nothing. "I'm (y/n)." I said, trying to make conversation. The silence was killing me. "I'm in here for trying to leave this forsaken world." I chuckled. I noticed him shift slightly. "I was in solitaire for who knows how long for attacking my last roommate." I added. He glanced up revealing a pair of captivating blue eyes. The were a sky blue shade but darkened by his past. Dull not light in them. "You going to attack me?" he finally spoke, it was quiet and raspy. "Depends, you going to tell me I deserve to die?" He chuckled and shook his head looking back at the ground. 

I felt myself crack a smile and leaned against the wall. "I'm in here for murder." He finally spoke. A shiver ran down my spine. "You gonna kill me?" I asked, not out of fear but more of a repeat like he had done with me. "You going to give me a reason?" he didn't look up but I heard a smile in his voice. "Not at all. What's your name?" I said, he quickly became quiet and secluded again. 

~~~~~~

I walked into the room, another appointment failed. I sat on my bed letting out a huff. "What's wrong?" he asked ,walking over and sitting on my bed. "I'm never getting out of here." I sighed, rolling over, my back to him. I stared at the wall. "It couldn't have gone that bad." he said, putting a hand on my shoulder. I shrugged it off. "Promise me when you get out, you'll wait for me." I whispered. We sat in silence the rest of the day. We both knew he was making progress and I wasn't. It wasn't like I wanted to stay here, and I felt happier but I guess it wasn't enough. 

"I promise." that was the last I heard before he was released. I had a new roommate, it didn't last long until I was back in solitaire. This repeated again and again and again. Everyone seemed to suck after I met him. Years passed and I eventually got my own room. My hair was long and knotted by now. I shut off my feelings, they all thought I was a lost cause by now. I watched the light in my room, dinner had already happened which I refused to eat. After a while the food here gets annoying and gross.  The light flickered a few times before going out. 

I furrowed my brows standing up. The lights never went off. I walked over to the door and put my ear on it. The cold metal making me shiver. There was some commotion but that was normal. It must of been a fuse. I walked back to my bed and laid down staring into the dark. After a while I could hear yelling and feet. I sat up and instinctively got under the bed. My stomach pressed to the ground, I could feel the springs on my back. Screaming, more chaos coming from behind my door. I heard the click and it slowly opened. I could see a pair of feet, the light shining from behind. I noticed the red on their feet and in the background. I held my breath as the person walked in, stopping by my bed. 

"I wonder..." the person spoke. It was a male voice, muffled but sounded familiar. A few seconds passed before they suddenly dropped to their knees and looked under the bed. I let out a scream, pushing myself against the wall. The person had a mask on, the eyes blacked out and a red smile. I was sure that was blood. He reached his hand under the bed, the leather gloves coming closer. He grabbed my wrist and dragged me out. I bit his hand and made a run for it. I ran into the hall way forcing my legs to run over the dead bloodied bodies. 

"Come back," I heard him call. I rushed around the corner waiting to attack the person. I saw the rush around the corner. In that moment I tackled him and held him to the ground. "Who are you!" I yelled, sweat dripped from my face. I was shaking, breathing heavily. "You don't remember?" it was a rhetorical question. I pushed my wait into my hips to keep him down as I moved my hand to remove the mask. He didn't try to push me off, he was surprisingly calm. 

I removed the mask and was met with the familiar bright blue eyes and a small smile. I felt myself relax at the familiar face. "Hey..." I breath out. "Hey, you going to let me up or keep me pinned?" he replied. I felt my face flush red before I scrambled up and helped him up. "You remembered." I said. "Of course," he said, putting his mask back on and leading my out of the building. 

(Hope this wasn't to quick and that it made sense. <3)