Long Day • y.b.

[Reader...]

It had been such a long day at work, boss called me in early to cover for another person, did some extra things to make sure I didn't get in trouble for others incompetence, and had to stay a bit longer after work to cover for another person. Not to mention one of my breaks included an hour long meeting.

By the time I had gotten home to my beautiful girlfriend, I was exhausted. After work I went over to visit my brother in the hospital, he had gotten into a bad car wreck that left him mentally impaired. So I went to keep him company until my mother came by to trade places with me, which wouldn't be for another twenty minutes.

I usually spend about two hours in his hospital room just speaking to him.

"Hey brotha'" I tell him as I had gotten dressed in the plastic scrubs they needed us to wear being he also gained an infection that is highly contagious. I had on gloves, a mask, and a blue plastic robe type thing.

"Hi, y/n." He smiles crookedly

"How's he today?" I ask the nurse

"Same as yesterday, a bit more confused today but that could be because of his antibiotics making him sleepy." She informs me, I nod.

"He has restraints on, because he keeps trying to get out of bed, but with his leg being fractured, we can't risk a fall. Especially a fall that can cause more damage to the head." She explains, I nod agreeingly.

"Alright, has he been changed?" I ask referring to the diaper he had on being he can't go to the bathroom on his own. The nurse nods.

"Fresh sheets, fresh pamper, fresh gown, he's a brand new man." She laughs before leaving, i chuckle to myself sadly watching my brother as he stares blankly at the television in front of him.

"You have no idea..." I sigh sadly.

I sit next to him, asking him a few questions.

"How old am I?" I ask him

"Uh... nineteen." He says

"No... Joey, I'm twenty two." I say

"How many siblings do we have?" I ask

"Six." He says more as a guess

"No.. two, buddy." I say sighing

It wasn't long after until he began getting agitated calling for the nurse.

"Nurse! Nurse!" He yells

"Hey! Stop yelling! What do you need?" I ask trying to stay calm

"I don't want these" he says angrily pulling at his restraints, I sigh.

"You need them, they can't risk you hurting yourself." I say

"I'm tired." He mumbles after his failed attempts to setting himself free, quickly forgetting his desire to do so.

"Go to sleep, I think mom will be here when you wake up." I say, he nods.

"I love you..." I say faintly

"I love you too..." he mumbled before falling asleep. I sit there and watch his face scrunch up as he slept before I make the decision to leave and head home to my  girlfriend.

When I arrived to our house, it was dark out. I threw my stuff onto the couch, kicking off my shoes in the process.

"Hey, babe. How was work?" She asks as I came around to her in the kitchen giving her a kiss on the lips.

"Tiring, exhausting." I express with another heavy sigh.

I grab a beer from the fridge before popping it open and heading over to the couch but quickly decided I needed to be alone in the room for a little.

I shut the door before sitting on the ground, again i let out another highly exasperated sigh.

After about thirty minutes I hear a knock on the bedroom door, before it opened. Fanny, Yel's dog, and Raza, my golden retriever came in before I was met with Yelena's concerned face.

"How was the visit with your brother?" She asks sadly, I take a swig from my beer before answering.

"Well he remembered my name." I said with a fake smile before dropping it as I stared at the wall.

"That's a step in the right direction!" She smiled coming toward me.

"... will he ever get better?" I ask

"I mean... it's been like this for a month now." I further explain.

"You'll manage, he'll manage. You'll all get through this." She says sitting next to me, I lay my head on her lap and she puts her fingers through my hair.

"My mom won't be able to handle this, she'll just pass it on to me... like she's been doing." I say

"Then you'll handle it, and I'll help you." She says

"And if i don't want to?" I ask honestly looking up at her.

"Baby, he's your brother."

"I know... I just- I'm so exhausted." I say closing my eyes, she leans down and kisses my closed eyelids.

"I know, my love. Let's go to bed-"

"No!" I yell quickly opening my eyes.

"I don't want to go to bed early because I go to work tomorrow morning and I want to spend time with you." I say with tears in my eyes.

Her eyebrows scrunch up, I was sensitive. I just wanted to be coddled by the deadly assassin.

"Do you wanna take a shower my love?" She asks, I nod with a pout.

"Come on." She whispers.

We get into the shower and she helps me wash as I leaned into her. When we were both done washing she allows me to continue leaning into her as she swayed us back and forth.

Once done with the shower we put on big t shirts and panties before hopping into bed.

I laid on her chest as her hands stroked through my wet hair.

"I love you, and I respect all of your decisions, I know it hurts you to see your brother in such a state, but it'll hurt you even more in the end when you look back to know you abandoned him." She explains to me softly. I sigh.

"I know."

"You have me, you'll always have me. If your scared that all of this responsibility will make me run away, don't be. I am so utterly in love with you baby. I cannot fathom a life without you in it." She says kissing my forehead.

"Really?" I ask sitting up, she giggles before nodding. I smile kissing her lips before snuggling into her neck.

"Go to sleep, my love. Tomorrow is Friday, we'll have all weekend together." She giggled, I smiled knowing Yelena would never leave me.

Somehow I knew, she would stay throughout it all.

-

There will most likely be a second part to this because I am stressed this had literally been me past couple of days scrounging with life. *Heavy sigh*.