CHAPTER 3•04

Enemy at the Gates

"Are you sure we should be going to Zaofu? Dad wanted us to bring you back to Republic City." Jenora told Korra. The group was heading back, but Korra heard that Kuvira was trying to take the last bit of the Earth Kingdom and she wanted to stop it before it was too late.

Dawn sighed, running a hand through her extremely long black hair. "I agree with Tenzin that we should take you back home. Kuvira is not going to back down just by us showing up, Korra." Dawn tried to explain, but Korra already placed her mind into the idea.

"If Kuvira's heading to Zaofu, so are we. She needs to know that the Avatar and Protector are back together. The world needs to know." Korra told them.

"Whoo-hoo! Avatar and Protector fight! This is going to be awesome!" Meelo screeched as Dawn chuckled and shook her head.

"I don't know if I should be worried that you like our fights or not." Dawn teased as Korra sighed.

"Meelo, there's not gonna be a fight. Kuvira saved my dad. She was a captain in Su's guard. I think she can be reasoned with." Korra told him.

"What? No fight? Why did we go through all that trouble to save you if you're not going to beat someone up?" Meelo asked and Dawn rolls her eyes.

<><><>

As they continued to fly through the air on Pepper, Meelo looked out with his looking glass and smiled widely. "I see it. Zaofu. We made it." He cheered while he looked back into the glass. "And a bunch of other people are here too." He said sadly while Dawn's eyes darkened.

"Her army has gotten bigger." She breathed out.

"Oh, no. I hope we're not too late." Korra breathed out and as they landed, Korra went straight into the meeting room and saw the entire Beifong family inside.

"Korra?" Su asked and looked beside her. "Dawn." She breathed out and Wei instantly went towards her and picked her up into a hug. "I can't believe it. Where have you been? You disappeared. Everyone was so worried." Su asked the Avatar as she then went over to hug Dawn.

"I'll tell you the whole story later. Right now, I want to help you stop Kuvira. What can we do?" Korra asked as Dawn looked to the avatar.

"She's going to need a lot of persuasion." Dawn started as Su nods her head in agreement.

<><><>

Dawn thought for a moment as she looked over the telephone that hung up near Su's office. She knew she needed to talk to Mako, but didn't want to pop up at an unconventional time for him with Prince Wu and his 'princely' duties. The girl sighed, poking around in his mind as she could only feel anxiety and stress and she then knew he was in fact with Wu.

She chuckled sadly, hearing the door open as she looks up to see Wei coming in with a pair of clothes for the girl.

"Thought you would like your official protector robes back." He said, the girl seeing her old clothing in his hands that had the emblems of just red and blue for her origin bending.

She smiled, grabbing them and looked back to Wei. "Thanks, do you think it will actually come down to a fight?" She asked, Wei nodding his head while leaning against the desk.