eighty-four

"holy shit," isla cursed at the long line of people waiting to get into the restaurant she worked at

"holy shit," isla cursed at the long line of people waiting to get into the restaurant she worked at. she hugged her sweater closer to her as a man came over to the huge group of friends.

"shotaro? you and your friends, follow me." he said, gesturing for them to follow him away from the line to the emergency exit at the back.

they headed inside the employee breakroom, which ignite had turned into their backstage room for the night. all of their belongings were there, except for their instruments which had already been set up out in the main part of the restaurant.

"hey guys!" yuta beamed, flashing his perfect set of teeth that made practically all of them swoon. "i'm glad you could make it, it's been way too long since you last seen us play."

"i could honestly see you play a thousand times if i could," renjun gushed, earning a nudge in the arm by his boyfriend who stood next to him.

the bright smile didn't leave yutas face. "i could get all of you free tickets to any show, seriously, no excuses. but i have to go, so i'll see you out there."

the man fixed his ear piece before going out to the small stage to finish setting up.

"jungwoo in the house," the tall blonde boy came strutting in with his usual upbeat attitude, eyeing everyone in the room until he spotted isla. he wasted no time running to her and wrapping his arms around her before turning to jeno.

"hi, i'm jungwoo. i will have my eye on you all night. no funny business." he playfully warned, isla laughing but jeno not being able to tell if he was joking or not. jungwoo let out a cute laugh and didn't say anything else before he walked away.

"well, he seems fun," jeno grinned politely.

isla smiled and slipped her hand into his, intertwining them perfectly together. "your hand his freezing." jeno said, putting both of their hands in his jacket pocket to keep them warm.

just moments after jungwoo left, vei came out with doyoung, jaehyun, taeyong, johnny, and ten all trailing behind her like lost puppies. isla withheld laughter as it looked like a mother with her five sons. she didn't let go of jenos hand as she walked over to her friend to greet her.

"hi!" vei greeted excitedly, "you're jeno, right?"

"yes!"

"awesome! i'm vei, nice to meet you. i'd give you the 'i'm warning you' talk but i fear jungwoo has beat me to it?"

jeno nodded with a slight smile, "yep, he did. but i've also heard it from literally all of our other friends."

the three of them laughed as doyoung stood behind vei, his hands in his pockets, intently watching the smaller girl in front of him as she mindlessly leaned herself into jeno. she was completely clueless at the way she was being looked at.