Chapter 12

Sneha remained stunned since the moment she entered the room where she was to have lunch with one of the most influential men in Mumbai. Her eyes remained wide as she saw the exquisite architectural work on the ceilings, paintings on the walls, pleasing carpets on the floor and the lightings all around her. Everything was beautiful and she could stay all day and night seeing them.

Even now, as she sat at a table meant for two, she kept her gaze on the different culinary items placed in front of her in a disciplined manner. She heard the sound of the closing of the door and immediately realized that Viraj had come back. He had excused himself for a short while after he made her sit comfortably on the chair.

She knew he had gone to wash his hands since she had touched him in the basement with dirty hands.

"I hope I didn't make you wait much." Viraj said as he walked in her direction making her more nervous. She noticed her bag in his right hand as she shook her head in a polite gesture.

"Thank you for bringing my bag." She said with a short smile when he placed it on the nearby table. He only nodded in response and took his own seat...too elegantly for her liking.

There was a momentary silence between them and she wondered what was she supposed to say. To be on the safer side, she just remained quiet and hoped for this meeting to get over soon.

"I didn't know what you prefer for lunch, so I asked the chef to prepare what my friend suggested." He initiated the conversation finally.

She looked at him as she nodded.

"About the...chip...Who kept it in my bag?" She slowly asked when she felt that his mood was good enough.

In response, he only stared at her with a hard look on his face. She wondered if she had asked the wrong question.

He won't shoot me, right! She thought.

"Someone I know. You don't need to know the details. I will deal with it." He partially lied, knowing very well how she will freak out if she gets to know that it was him who had done it. And, somehow, he didn't want her to scold him!

Sneha nodded as she looked at the table again. She really wanted to know who was behind it and why would she be targeted!

Exactly at that moment, the door opened again and two waitresses entered with their food properly placed in a trolley. They had a wide gentle smile on their faces which made Sneha smile as well. Viraj, however, didn't even spare a glance to the women.

"Good afternoon, Mr Khatri. Good afternoon ma'am." They greeted and placed the food in front of them elegantly.

Sneha looked at the plate kept in front of her along with a bowl of soup. A small cup of sauce was then placed near the plate. Lastly, the waitress poured a glass of water for her. The other woman did the same for Viraj. Except for the fact he was additionally provided with a glass of red wine while she was not.

"Would you like to have some wine?" He asked when he caught her looking at his wine glass.

She looked at him and then shook her head negatively.

"Answer in words, Sneha." He ordered sternly which stunned her.

"Uhh...No." She managed to squeak out.

So, he's back to his arrogant self. She concluded.

"We hope you enjoy the lunch! Please call us if you need anything by pressing the button under the table. Thank you." One of them said with a huge smile and then they left them alone.

"Please." Viraj motioned her to begin.

Sneha looked at her plate with a shocked expression.

On one side of the plate, there was a collection of mixed fruits. On the left were some veggies and on a small partition, there were some exotic nuts.