32

"Hey" 

"Yup?" 

"You've told me you like art just like your mom, right?" I asked Hayul. We were at the warehouse slicing watermelons after a very sunny morning. 

"Yup" 

"How come I've never seen anything from you?"

"We haven't had time; these days have been busy" She chuckled. 

"Well, yeah, but we've been able to hang out after work, and now that I think about it, you've never showed me anything" 

She was too into slicing watermelons, not sparing me one single look. She wasn't angry either, but I felt like she was avoiding the question maybe? 

"Because we watch the show together" 

"Hayul, the show is only on weekends" 

"So?" 

"We spend a lot more time together than just weekends. We spend almost every night together." 

"Yeah, but we watch some movie or eat or-"

"What are you hiding?" I laughed. 

"I'm not hiding anything!" 

"You're avoiding it! Just show me" 

"I don't want to" 

"See? I knew it. Why?" 

"I just don't"

"Not even me?" 

"Especially you" 

"What?! Why? What did I do?!" 

"Stop asking!" She whined, standing up to grab more boxes for the fruit. 

"I won't stop until you tell me!" 

"Okay, fine!" She almost interrupted. "I don't want to show you because you're very talented and I'm embarrassed" 

I blinked a few times, not sure what she meant. "Huh?" 

"You've shown me pictures of your drawings and they're like so beautiful! My arts are not that impressive" 

"Tell me something." I asked. She raised her brows giving me permission to ask. "Do you want art to be your profession?" 

"I mean... it'd be very cool" 

"Do you enjoy what you do?" 

"I get frustrated sometimes" 

"But do you?" 

"I can't complain, yeah" 

"You don't trust yourself" 

"What do you mean? I do!" 

"If you did, you'd feel proud of everything you do. Everything would be well done in your eyes" 

"I-... so what's your point?" She asked back, irritated, but still giggling. 

"My point is, if you want to do it for a living, you should appreciate your work better." 

"Okay mom" 

"If she tells you the same, that's because we're right." I stood up and sat beside her.

She was about to say something to excuse herself again, but I took a slice of watermelon and stuffed it in her mouth. She gave me an annoyed look.