chap 6

Don't hug me don't hug me don't hug me. I thought as she walked next to me. Just then she wrapped her arm around me for a side hug. I sighed inwardly. What is it with you people. I don't hug. My brothers are the only exception on special occasions. Her arm dropped as she walked closer to Jenna who was in the closet.

"Jenna what are you doing?" Elena asked not noticing elijah.

"Mrs. Lockwood roped me into helping her." Jenna said looking up a little before adding. "And by roped I mean very excited to participate." She said louder. Elena made a comment about the last time she was roped into something.

"Oh! Let me introduce elijah Smith a journalist who is writing about this town's history. Elijah this is elena my niece..." Jenna said closing the closet door. There stood Elijah with a smile on his face as if this was the normalist thing in the world.

"Pleasure to meet you Elena." He said taking her hand shaking it. Elena was still in shock as she looked to me for help. I just smiled.

"Oh and this is clara. When you got here it seemed as if you know each other?" She said more as a question.

"I have seen him around." I said walking forward as elena stepped behind me. I went to shake his hand like he did with elena but instead he kissed the back his eyes never leaving my face. "Pleasure to meet you Mr. Smith." I said letting my hand drop to my side.

"Please call me elijah." He said as he kept starring. I nodded uncomfortable at the attention. His attention was pulled away from me to Jenna as she started talking about boxes.

I got really dizzy as my head screamed in pain. I kept my face emotionless as I held onto the railing.

Flashback.........

"YOU WILL NOT talk to me like that I am YOUR FATHER. DO YOU HEAR ME!?" My father yelled. He was drunk and I haven't said a word all I did was walk into the room. Putting on a smile I just nodded.

"Ok father what ever you say." I said in a calm tone.

He started to stumble as he took another drink. Standing up he stood next to the fire place.

"Good I am glad you agree. You might not be as worthless as I thought.... DON'T SLOUCH!" He yelled even though he wasn't looking at me. My posture was already straight as it could get but I pulled my shoulders back and held my neck tighter in place, sucking in my gut more than I am sure the human body can handle.

"Yes father." I said calmly. I held in my tears at the pain in my body. It was best to indulge him when he is like this. Plus if I was line out of place I would be beaten till he thought was enough. And right now if I was to then he most likely wouldn't stop anytime soon. But I never had to worry.that much because I never stepped out of place. I tried to act as if his words didn't effect me but really all I wanted to do is run to my room hide In a corner and cry. But that would be a weakness and could not show weakness.

I promised myself to never marry a man like my father. Never. I would rather die.

"Work more on your posture. Then maybe you won't be such a disappointment." He said mumbling under his breath on how useless I am at time even though I did nothing to have this attention on me it does not matter.

"Is that all father?" I asked

"Yes, that is all, leave my sight." And with that i walked out of the room. The tension in my body did not loosen as I walked to my room. A tear slid down my cheek and I wiped it away as my brother Stefan appeared in front of me smiling.

"Hello sis what a great day it has been." He said smiling. I pulled a fake smile and laugh as he walked past me.

"Yes it is indeed dear brother." I said as we passed each other. I walked into my room. The smile slipped from my face.

".......Clara........" I heard a voice.

"......Hey clara are you alright?...."

"Hello?..... earth to clara.."

End of flashback.....

I blinked a couple of times as I looked to see elena and Jenna starring at me.

"Hey you zoned out a little there you alright?" Elena asked.

"Fine" I said. "Just daydreamin." I said putting a smile on my face. They both seemed convinced and went on what they were doing. Elena ran up the stairs. I followed but went to her room as she went to Jeremy's.