chapter 66

Beyond everyone’s expectation, the man who was delivering a face of grimace answered without hesitation, “It’s just our own decision to rob you. You should blame all these for yourself being so high-key and claiming that you will acquire the prey as much as you could.”

At the moment when the man confessed something like that, Wu Dahu noticed Yin Laosan was just taking a deep breath with a relief.

However, the confession wasn’t any good news though, it meant that their action had gained more attention in this area. If they kept staying here, no one could even predict their tomorrow whether there would be another group who would rob them like tonight.

The lodge owner looked at the messy room and then sighed heavily, mumbling, “This is my first time I see blood in the guest room after I ran this business. How ominous! Would you guys please leave here? It’s probably not that serious this time. But none of us can predict the future if you are still here. I am not a volunteer to help you clean the crime scene.”

A trace of worry flooded Laifu’s face, he then said with hesitation, “Or let’s leave tomorrow?”

Wu Dahu shook his head, saying, “Tomorrow will be our biggest harvest day. If we just leave tomorrow, we will surely offend those hunters and fail to achieve our aim as well. That’s not worthy at all.”

Hearing that, Wu Decai echoed, “Right. We haven’t reached the goal yet and got the enough coins. Why should we leave? Robbing? Who dares? They don’t dare to if we stay in one room tomorrow night. I don’t believe that they will come again with a dozen people.”

However, if those villains and bandits thought that this team was rich enough, coming over here to rob them with more than a dozen people wouldn’t even be a problem, thought Wu Dahu.

Though he had already had a decision in his mind, he showed no eagerness to say it out here. After all, the more people, the more eyes and ears.

The yamen runners arrived at the scene not long. They took these three attackers away after a careful interrogation.

Tonight, none of them had a good sleep. But the clamorous situation after they woke up the next morning cheered them all up suddenly.

All manner of hunters surged and crowded before the gate of the lodge. All of them grabbed their own prey in hands, waiting for exchanging them for coins.

Wu Dahu noticed that the long queue of the hunters had dropped down to the alley. He couldn’t even make sure how early this group came this morning.

“Don’t come over again from tomorrow on!” Wu Dahu informed every hunter when he acquired flesh. He repeated the words without tiredness. He would repeat them more times rather than let someone who hatched a sinister plot hear.

He would believe in these hunters that they wouldn’t do something evil at all. Though not informing them would be a securer strategy, he would still choose to tell them avoiding them coming over in vain. After all, no one grabbed a life of relaxation. Wu Dahu was just showing his understanding and sympathy for all the hunters.

But when Wu Dahu entered the kitchen and was ready to process the flesh, he was informed by the lodge owner that no spare place was left for him to make it. Obviously, the lodge owner was a tough cookie either, this smart man was just making an excuse now since he couldn’t take advantage from Wu Dahu anymore. Wu Dahu then delivered the lodge owner one silver coin indicating that he would apply to renting the kitchen with coins. Noticing the coins, the lodge owner finally compromised and allowed Wu Dahu to use one of the pots.

Yin Laosan approached after the lodge owner left, he came to give a hand to Wu Dahu while complaining about the stinginess of the lodge owner. He no longer buzzed or said something bad as he did days ago.