[SEVEN]

««ѳѳѳѳ»»
7

A couple of days went by after Emilia's first session with Dr

A couple of days went by after Emilia's first session with Dr. Raynor, she doesn't see her until next week. So she's killing time by roaming the tower.

However Tony on the other hand was pacing around Pepper Pott's office.

"She's so quiet now," Tony said walking back and forth as Pepper sat silently watching him.

"She'll come around," Pepper said while drinking her tea.

"I can tell she avoids talking about it every time we're around each other. Back then she'd tell me anything about everything..." Tony said.

"That was when she was little Tony, she's an adult now. Don't you think you're forcing it a little..." Pepper said.

"I just want to know what's on her mind that's all. I know she's been through a lot, I know that, but that's all from a sheet of paper..." Tony said.

"The number of thoughts and memories that are going through her head right now is probably doing a number on her so I just want to be there for her during that at least." Pepper sighed placing her cup down folding her hands looking at the Stark.

"Tony I know you're still blaming yourself for everything that happened to her and you don't want to make the same mistake again but you haven't seen each other in years, the last time you saw her was when she was twelve."

"Now things have changed. You have to have a little patience with her..." Tony faced down finally taking a seat in front of her desk.

"What can I do, Pep?" Tony asked.

"I...don't know," Tony groaned in frustration.

"Maybe bond, create new memories, renew the strong friendship you had with your sister..." Pepper said standing up and grabbing her binder.

"Because I know deep down she probably wants to let it all out to her big brother and when she's ready I'm sure you'll be one of the first to she goes to. Until then spend time with each other, catch her up with society, and familiarize herself with her surroundings." Pepper walked up to him giving him a comforting pat on the shoulder.

"Like I said she'll come around..." Giving him a peck on the cheek she made her way to the door.

"And the next time you stop by I hope you bring her along because if it wasn't already clear I would love to meet your sister too. Happy won't stop talking about how much you two are alike."

"Sure thing, Ms. Potts. Have a great meeting."

"Tony you're supposed to be there too," Pepper said now standing facing the Stark who hopped out of the seat.

"Yes yes, I knew that." He said.

"No, you didn't—"

"Can't leave them waiting any longer, can we..." He speed walks past her meanwhile she follows behind shaking her head.

•••••

After he visited Pepper's office and attended the meeting he most definitely did not forget about it.

He went down a list of things he and Mia could bond over together. Something that would make her comfortable talking to him about her life. Though it seems as though he's forcing it he just wanted to be there for her.

When he was going through stuff there were people around him who helped him through tough times. Yet Emilia had little to no one and had been alone for years.

"Okay, what's on today's criteria?" Tony asked walking into the kitchen where Mia was trying to work a toaster oven.

"What do you mean?" She questioned.

Tony thought for a moment before snapping his fingers and coming up with a solid bonding experience. "How about some training?"

He knew for a fact that Barbies didn't work anymore but with years of living with two assassins, and one righteous war hero you learn that training is their initial stress reliever.

"Training? With you?" Emilia said raising an eyebrow.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" Tony said also raising an eyebrow.

"You're more of a brain than brawn..." She said.

"Vivian, are you saying I can't hold my own?" Tony asked with his hand on his chest.

"That's not what I'm saying, Edward."

•••••

Currently, the siblings were at the base in the training room. "Do you know the exact extent of your powers?" Tony asked scrolling through on the tablet as Mia walked in her training attire.

"Not exactly." Mia shrugged.

"Why's that?"

"Assuming they didn't want me to be too strong..." Mia simply answered.

"Interesting. So you're teleporting through shadows thing, how does that work?"

"Well, I think of a location or place I've been to and go through..." Mia explained bored.

"What does this have to do with training?"

"We are bonding..." Tony moved around tapping away onto the tablet before making a sharp turn to face Mia. "Got some dummies laid out for you, I'm more of a target practice kind of guy..."

818 Words