This Girl / Four

HELA'S POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I realized as soon as the first person that was called to get sorted, I was the only oldest and tallest one out of everyone. It's been 15 minutes that the Professor has been calling names after names and the kids were getting sorted one after another. All of them running up front and behind me after to left and right while the older students from their tables cheers and welcome them.

"Venus, Hela." the Professor finally calls out, breaking me out of my thoughts.

I look around to see that I was the last person to be sorted. The atmosphere around me went absolute quiet as every eyes in the room landed on me and only me. I was already nervous but this staring is not gonna help me calm down in anyway.

I closed my eyes and took a quick deep breathe before I walk up to the stool. I sit down rather carefully at the stool as if it was made out of jelly and I might fall into its soft substance. I close my eyes again, taking another deep breathe when the dusty hat finally sits upon my head.

It might not seem like a big deal to be sorted but you will have to be in it your whole life and I don't want to be in one that I won't be happy in it.

That thought make me more nervous, make me to start to cold sweat and at last make my hair, pure snow white. Some students in every tables gasps softly and some mutter to their friends ears. I try to shake them off and try to focus on myself as the hat sits still for a couple of seconds.

"I see ambition... yes, yes." a deep, weary voice starts, which startled me, "Lots of courage and a great thirst to show off how determine you can get and how loyal you can be." the hat continues and stop to think again.

It comes to my sense that everyone in the hall is so quiet that you can hear a quill drop. The only person or thing, I might say, that was speaking is the hat until it starts to speak again.

"I see lots of bravery and wisdom... and also creativity in you. It might have came from your mother, Emma Knox." it recalls, "Such a difficult woman to sort in." it also adds.

It stops again for a second, second turns into minute, a minutes turns to two. If the same happens with my mother, I know the same with happen to me too.

I knew it.

~~~~~~~~

DRACO'S POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We all waited patiently, I mean so patient that made my both of legs bounce up and down. Blaise and the others started guessing which house she will be in and won't shut up until her name was called.

"Venus, Hela." McGonagall calls.

My head snaps up and the cheering from the Hufflepuff table stops immediately. Everything went absolute quiet that I can even hear Goyle heavy breathing who was sitting in front of me. I look straight ahead to see her still standing in her spot for a while before she walks up to the stool.

I can feel and see that the whole school is watching every move she makes. She sits down and her eyes quickly wanders around the hall and that somehow make her hair color change.

Again?

This time, it's turning white. It's turning fully white blond!

I hear some students around me gasp and mutter things to the people beside them to their ears.

"Who is she?" Pansy ponders. Blaise just shakes his head and mumbles one word.

"Dunno."

"One galleon if she's Slytherin." Crabbe chuckles quietly to Goyle as he put his hand out to shake.

"You're on." Goyle reply who in return, shakes his hand, grinning widely.

After 3 minutes or so, the professors start to worry. All looking at Dumbledore for him to say something but he just keeps staring at her and the hat in front.

"I wish that it would take me that long to sort me in." Daphne wines, "It would make me look so cool and badass." she chuckles quietly.

"The only badass thing you can do right now is give me my goddamn sweater back." Pansy hisses which only provoke Daphne to stick her tongue at Pansy.

"Bitch." Pansy whispers.

Merlin, do girls ever shut up?

A couple minutes later, some people starts to complain that they are hungry. That includes Theo, Goyle and Crabbe.

I mean I don't blame them. It has been almost 45 minutes with people settling in and getting sorted and all tons of shit. Some are sleepy too but mostly hungry.

I put my attention back on her about to get sorted and as soon as the professor is about to take the hat off her head, it finally shouts.

"SLYTHERIN!"

The hall was silence for a second until the whole Slytherin table cheered with joy, clapping hard and some whistling loudly too. I cheer slightly along with them.

She smiles widely as her hair change blue again. She walks down to the table to us and sit next to Pansy as some people shake hands with her.

It took the sorting hat a whole five minutes to decide what house she will be in.

This girl is something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think i'm getting somewhere with this.

(future me, editing but couldn't do anything - 22 March 2022)
well this is so flat anyways...

i will explain everything about her in the next chapter. I already had the plot ready like 8 months ago and i'm just starting to write it all down now.

vote/ comment/ share <3