thirty

Daera frowned as she was walking back and forth in her room. The month of her period has arrived and she sighed as she was feeling upset about it. Jay was probably tired of coming back from the hospital so she didn't want to bother him.

She was embarrassed and uncomfortable to tell him about her period but she also needed his permission to go to the convenience store to buy pads.

Can I go out? The store is just 3 minutes away, right? He wouldn't mind me going out if it was that close. I'll just go out. It wouldn't take long and he wouldn't be awake.

She nodded and wore her coat before sneaking out of her room. She kept her eyes wide open as she examined the whole house for any signs of Jay. She immediately rushed to the entrance door and walked out.

After paying for the pads and other sanitary things, Daera walked out of the convenience store and inhaled the night breeze. It was almost midnight and she quickly fastened her pace. She was relieved that Jay's apartment building was in sight.

She buried both of her hands in the pocket of her coat and hummed a lovely melody to get rid of the scary feeling of walking alone. She stopped when there was an empty dark alley in front of her.

The lamp post was broken and she gulped in fear. She stepped forward and continued walking, maintaining her calm posture. Her eyes widened when she heard footsteps behind her.

Suddenly, a man in black walked past her. She flinched in surprise and held her chest, trying to calm her beating heart.

Maybe he was just going to the same apartment.

She tried calming herself down with happy thoughts and memories and she walked down the alley. She stopped walking when she heard footsteps again. This time, it was closer, eerier and frightening. She took out her phone and looked at the black screen, acting like she was fixing her hair but she was actually trying to take a look at the person behind her from the reflection.

A man with a black jacket and a black cap was following her with his head hung low. She quickened her pace, trying not to let the man know that she noticed him behind her. She turned a different way but she realised he was really following her.

Her heart dropped when she heard a knife opening sound coming from behind her. The man immediately ran to her and she sprinted away from him.

She dropped the plastic bag of her pads and ran as fast as she could, her eyes forming tears of worry and fear. A man was chasing after her with a knife, probably wanting to kill her.

His manly hand grabbed a fistful of her hair and the said man put her in a headlock as he held the knife close to her neck.

"Keep quiet," he warned. She bit her bottom lip as she whimpered in pain and for air. "Why are you doing this?" She breathed out.

He chuckled, "You shouldn't mess with my boss."

"Your boss?" She asked but gagged when he tightened the headlock, making her choke. He was about to slit her throat but she held the sharp knife, her hands digging into the sharp tool.

He punched her away and the knife slit the palm of her hand. She winced in pain and tried to run away but he was too fast as he gripped her wrist and pushed her to the ground. He hovered on top of her and unbuttoned his pants, "I should have a little fun with you before I kill you."

She wanted to scream for help but he cupped her mouth aggressively. Her head felt light as it started spinning.

Jay...

Jay...

Where are you?

Help...

Please...

Her eyelids felt heavy and she almost closed her eyes until a familiar figure came and punched the man off her.

"Daera?"

She smiled at the familiar sound of the man helping her. The angelic and caring voice she always loved.

Park Jay.

"Daera!" Jay called her as he lifted her body to his lap. He shook her body to wake her as she was unconscious on his lap.

He picked her up and carried her bridal style back to his penthouse. He rushed into her bedroom and put her on the bed before taking a clean cloth to wipe her face.

Her body was trembling from the fear of being attacked and she was whimpering as she remembered what happened. She almost got raped and killed.

She grabbed a fistful of her hair and screamed in fear. Jay immediately pulled her into a hug, "I'm here! You're safe. You're safe now. You're right here with me. I'll make sure to protect you. Don't worry."

She cried into his chest and sobbed, "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to leave without your permission. I didn't want to bother you."

He sighed and put her into bed, tucking her under the blanket. She quickly gripped his wrist, "Please don't leave me. What if the man is still outside?"

"He's not. I'll make sure he's arrested for his crimes."

"Please just stay. Maybe for tonight only?" She begged. He laid beside her and pulled her into a cuddle, patting her back gently.

She slowly closed her eyes and inhaled his scent. The scent made her want to be in his embrace forever.

I know I rejected you before.

Do you still want me?

Because I want you to be mine, Jay.

I love you.