Hogwarts is Definitely Safe for Children

3rd Person POV

(Y/n) was undoubtedly nervous. It didn't look good for Harry of course, luckily Dumbledore was able to see that Harry, Hermione or Ron weren't responsible for the petrification of Filch's cat. Filch was not happy that the headmaster had not taken action. To no ones surprise, he started handing out as many punishments as he could for any little thing, (Y/n) heard that Hannah was for leaning on the wall. (Y/n) really despised the man, if he even was one. But that wasn't the worst part. No. Harry had been hearing voices. That was bad, really bad. "Hearing voices no one else can hear isn't a good sign, even in the wizarding world." Ron explained. (Y/n) looked rather guilty, he still hadn't told anyone about his dreams, he wondered if he ever should. (Y/n) sat back into the velvet red chair, the fire crackling in the background of the Gryffindor common room. 

"The whole thing's weird." (Y/n) said. "What was that writing on the wall about? The Chamber Has Been Opened... What's that supposed to mean?" "You know, it rings a sort of bell," said Ron slowly as he sat up from the couch. "I think someone told me a story about a secret chamber at Hogwarts once... might've been Bill..." "So how many detentions do you have to serve?" Hermione asked (Y/n) out of the blue. In fact, it had also confused Harry and Ron, how could Hermione, the smartest of them all talk about something completely off topic? It was like she didn't care about the warning one bit. "What are you on about?" Harry asked her, having no idea why (Y/n) would get detention. "Well..." Hermione mumbled, looking rather guilty, the truth was that she felt rather guilty for (Y/n)'s reaction. If she had just stood back and not say anything, if she had just bit her tongue, (Y/n) wouldn't have punched Draco. She hated the fact that (Y/n) would be punished for her mistake. "It was nothing!" (Y/n) exclaimed, trying to take any heat of Hermione. "Dumbledore just wanted to ask if my father will be thinking about publishing another book." (Y/n)  said, hoping it would be good enough to deceive his friends. It seemed to have worked because no one questioned him, they all looked relieved. 

For a few days, the school could talk of little else but the attack on Mrs. Norris. Filch kept it fresh in everyone's minds by pacing the spot where she had been attacked, as though he thought the attacker might come back. (Y/n) had seen him scrubbing the message on the wall with Mrs. Skower's All-Purpose Magical Mess Remover, but to no effect, the words still gleamed as brightly as ever on the stone. When Filch wasn't guarding the scene of the crime, he was skulking red-eyed through the corridors, lunging out at students and trying to put them in detention for things like "breathing loudly' and "looking happy." (Y/n) noted that Ginny Weasley seemed very disturbed by Mrs. Norris's fate. According to Ron, she was a great cat lover, (Y/n) felt bad for her. "But you haven't really got to know Mrs. Norris," Ron told her bracingly. "Honestly, we're much better off without her." Ginny's lip trembled, (Y/n) facepalmed realizing that perhaps it wasn't a good idea getting the individual who doesn't have any emotional skill to emotionally support someone. (Y/n) knew that Ron had good intentions, but still. "Stuff like this doesn't often happen at Hogwarts," (Y/n) assured her, trying to soothe her worries. "They'll catch the maniac who did it and have him out of here in no time." "I just hope he's got time to Petrify Filch before he's expelled. I'm only joking!!!" Ron added hastily as Ginny turned white and closed her eyes.

The attack had also had an effect on Hermione. It was quite usual for Hermione to spend a lot of time reading, but she was now doing almost nothing else, she could be found in the library, lost in books. Nor could (Y/n) get much response from her when he asked what she was up to. Truth be told, Hermione felt guilty about (Y/n). As such she decided to distance herself even if it did hurt a little, she didn't know why but it did. 

The attack had also affected Harry, he told (Y/n) and Ron what happened in Potions class earlier that day during lunch. Harry had been held back in Potions, where Snape had made him stay behind to scrape tubeworms off the desks. After a hurried lunch, he went upstairs to meet Ron and (Y/n) in the library, and saw Justin Finch-Fletchley, the Hufflepuff boy from Herbology, coming toward him. Harry had just opened his mouth to say hello when Justin caught sight of him, turned abruptly, and sped off in the opposite direction. Harry found Ron at the back of the library, measuring his History of Magic homework while (Y/n) had just finished his and was napping in a chair.