Chapter 2

"Ahh...yes,12 inches made of beech with core of phoenix feather,perfect for casting the strongest of spells,", He said to me. That wasn't difficult at all...even though the wand felt strange in my hands. I never thought I'll be holding a wand in my hand. People have questioned me forever.

The rest of the summer went by fast. I mostly spent time in my room or with Valerie,or in music lessons,dancing lessons,reading classes...not that I needed them. My father was trying to raise over achievers who followed the rules and let men handle it,we only sat back and looked pretty blah blah blah...

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I don't really know what my father was talking about the whole car ride to the train station but all I heard was his voice and every now and then "Can't wait till Valerie can go,"

I just rolled my eyes. My sister really was their favourite but I didn't really care. I am someone who preferred to be alone.

We stood in front of a wall with a sign hanging near it "Platform 9¾" my mother took Val's hand and walked straight through the wall. I followed quickly as a bunch of people,all with flaming red hair talked loudly a few meters away from me.

I closed my eyes as I walked through the barrier. I couldn't explain the feeling. The moment the train came into view I couldn't help the massive smile forming on my face.

"wow..." I was in awe. This couldn't be that bad,maybe I'll enjoy it there. Maybe I'll have friends. Maybe I wouldn't feel so alone anymore.

I saw my father talking to a man with long blond hair and some sort of walking stick. A boy stood next to him with hair white as snow and a small smile.

"Hi" I was trying to use my hushed voice but I quickly gained the attention of my father and the man.

"Oh,and this is Ellette Evangeline," My father put his hand on my back and pushed me a little forward,nearing the blonde boy.

"Malfoy, Draco Malfoy" he said to me with a smug smile but it wasn't making me uncomfortable like I think he meant to do.

"Hi" I said again. I didn't really know what to say.

The train made a horrendous noise,I don't think I would be getting use to that ever in my life.

My father pushed me slowly towards the train and then turned me around. I smiled at Valerie. I would miss her,she was after all the closest thing I had to a best friend...or any friend.

I turned around after hugging my sister and mom and getting a warning from my father to not do anything he wouldn't.

I rolled my eyes as I thought about his warning while opening a door to a compartment. This one was empty at least so I didn't have to deal with people trying too...

"Excuse me," a black haired boy interrupted my thoughts. "Can I sit here?" he asked me. I just nodded. Maybe this was a descent sign to him that I didn't want to talk.

He didn't try talking to me. Only asking me every now and then what I was reading or stuff about Hogwarts,which I couldn't answer.

There was a knock and one of the red haired boys I saw on the platform peaked inside. "Excuse me,can I sit in here. Every where else is full" before I could answer the dark haired boy agreed. The boy sat down next to me,in the next 30 seconds I would learn his name to be Ron and... Harry potter was sitting across from me.

I sat my book down listening to their interaction. " What's your name?" Ron turned to look at me. "Ellette...Ella,please call me Ella" I basically pleaded. I hated that people called me by my full name at home.

"Ella it is then," Harry said smiling at me. His glasses was broken and fixed with tape. Ron had his wand out and Harry was looking at Ron trying to perform a spell ,before Ron could cast a spell a girl came into our compartment.

"Has anybody seen a toad,a boy named Neville has lost one," The girl was really pretty,she had really bushy and curly hair reminding me of Valerie. Her front teeth were really big for her mouth but I suspect she would grow into them. "oh,are you doing magic let's see then," she looked at Ron as she said this.

Ron cleared his throat and confidently spoke "Sunshine daisies,butter mellow. Turn this stupid fat rat yellow" he whipped his wand toward the rat on his lap who was eating some candy they must've bought and I didn't notice.

"Are you sure that's a real spell. Well, it's not very good is it?" This girl was definitely a know- it- all,I should stay close to her.

"Besides I've only tried a few simple ones myself,but they've all worked for me" She takes her wand in her hand and faces towards Harry. "Oculus Reparo" the tape that was wrapped around Harry's glasses vanished after letting out a puff of smoke.