Chapter 10

Chapter 10

In Which Where She Couldn't Differentiate Fiction to Real

"Hello!" Marissa greeted me with an excited smile. She looks pretty with her green floral dress and those simple sandals. With that get up, she reminds me of a fictional character in a domestic fiction where the time setting is summer and they live near a plantation of grapes.

Actually, she also smells like flowers and grapes at this moment. Funny, huh.

"Hey," I nod, shoving the money that my Dad gave me into the pocket of my jumper pants that I paired with a brown crop top that hugs my body perfectly.

"You look so pretty... I like your jumper. Jumpers always reminds me of Monica Geller from Friends," that's a lot of compliment in a single response.

And I'm not good at receiving compliments. What am I gonna tell her?

Thanks, your outfit reminds me of a sweet female lead character in a book who's more likely to make dumb decisions on every chapter?

I settled with, "You look pretty, too." At least that's true! She's really pretty... and sickeningly sweet.

She blushes and her eyes widened a bit. "Aw, thank you! That's so sweet of you." She apprecitively says. I didn't know what to respond to that so I just give her a faint smile while inside, I'm dying out of awkwardness.

Seriously? I can't get along with happy people. They be so happy about small fucking things and majority of them are so innocent, like they were just born yesterday.

I wonder if she'll get traumtized if I tell her that some children are getting abused by their own relatives and God just chose to watch up there while His people on this earth insists that 'It was all part of God's plan.'

I roll my eyes everytime.

"Oh! There you are, Garett!" Marissa's normally high pitched and happy voice pulls me out of my trance.

She was looking on my right, so I follow where her gazes are and I nearly dropped my jaw the second I saw the guy that I don't want to see anymore.

He's walking towards us, wearing a baseball shirt and and a pair of faded jeans. It was simple. His hair's kinda disheveled, which added more appeal to him, but I can't forget the fact that I do not like him.

Good looking are always the assholes.

I immediately throw him a death glare as soon as he stops in front of us. He gives me his brief glances that always make sure that I get the message that he give zero fucks.

"Maeve, this is Garett Verona.... And Garett, this is Maeve Collins." Marissa introduced as to each other.

He gives me a brief bored look before nodding his head. I didn't nod, I just glare at him even more. He stares at me, raising a brow.

Pissed off, I look at Marissa. "Is he your boyfriend?" I ask.

Marissa blushed and her eyes widened. "N-No..." She stutters. "Garett is our friend." She clarifies, but I immediately sensed that she wants them to be more than friends.

She's pretty, but I've realized that she's a tasteless bitch.

"Thank God, I almost felt sorry for you." I tell Marissa, still not taking my eyes off of Garett Verona. Even his name is bursting into flames! I love his name! Argh!

Apparently, assholes doesn't only get the looks and sex appeal. They also have the hottest name now. What the fawk.

He didn't reply, he just look at Marissa who's looking back and forth me and Verona like she's confused of what's happening.