Epilogue

Comment + Vote 🤍

Omniscient
1 year later ...

"Have you got the pie?" Naleli asked Tarek as she got the turkey out of the oven.

"Leli, it's literally in my hand," Tarek said side eyeing her.

"Okay but I want everything to perfect. I said I could make the pie," Naleli whined before taking a sip of her wine.

"But I bought it from Walmart," Tarek mumbled placing it on the counter.

"Tarek get out," Naleli tutted mushing his face. "Go and check on the girls, I don't want them messing up their clothes,"

"What time are they meant to get here?" Tarek questioned stealing a pig in blanket off the tray.

"I told him 2, I don't know how he's gonna get them all here," Naleli commented leaning against the counter.

"I think that's them now," Tarek said when the doorbell rang.

Naleli took a deep breath and put her glass down while Tarek went to go and open the door.

"Leli!" Malia's voice rang through the house. "Where's my Leli?" She shouted.

"Hey phat girl," Naleli smiled widely opening her arms for her. Malia grinned and ran into her open arms.

"I missed you," Malia mumbled into Naleli's stomach.

"I missed you more my baby," Naleli laughed smoothing Malia's hair out.

"I hope you got food," Saint said when he came into the kitchen. "Dad don't make nothing but spaghetti,"

"That's all he knows how to make," Sinai commented from behind them. Saint took a cookie and left the kitchen.

"Y'all always have something to say about my brother in law," Naleli chuckled. "Leave him alone,"

"Right," Dave replied coming in with Aasad and Aamirah. "I ain't a chef," He complained putting the twins down.

"Hi pretty eyes," Naleli cooed holding her hands out for Aamirah. "You're walking too," She clapped when she started stumbling towards her.

"She started last week," Dave smirked, "Aasad keeps pushing her over though," Just as he said that, Aasad pushed Aamirah with a big smile on his face.

"Oh lord." Naleli muttered when Aamirah started crying. Sinai took Aamirah's hand and left the kitchen with her, to find Carter and Cori.

Aasad stumbled around while Malia walked out, on her own how she liked it.

"She didn't want to come?" Naleli sighed looking at Dave.

"Nah, I spoke to Maniya this morning and she said she'll try," Dave shrugged. "Ion expect her to come around for me but at least for our kids,"

"She'll come, don't worry," Naleli said convincing herself mostly.

"I'm over Naala's shit. I'm not saying she's a dead beat but I've been doing it on my own for a year," Dave vented to Naleli.

"She's trying Dave, I don't know what more you want from her," Naleli squinted at him.

"I would like to stop explaining to my kids why their mama never wants to see them," Dave responded picking Aasad up from the floor.

"Ma ma," Aasad clapped standing on the counter.

"That's all he ever says. He misses her but she's too busy travelling the whole world," Dave shook his head.