76 | The One With Bhagya

Vasu somehow loves it when Madhav holds him in his arms. He looks at Madhav with those big brown eyes and throws a toothless smile. Madhu was leaning from her chair in the dining table towards Madhav, as she looks adoringly at her little cousin.

"He's so tiny, right?" Madhu whispers. "Was I also tiny?"

"Just the perfect size to fit you into Mumma's college bag." Madhav say winking.

"I was that small?" Madhu asks.

"Just pulling your leg, kanamma." 

"What's this Madhav? You haven't eaten the idlis yet!" Yashoda smiles. The dining table in the RK Mansion was filled with all the delicious dishes that morning. From soft fluffy idlis to crispy spicy samosas to fragrant chicken biriyanis and all the exquisite sweet items graced the table. It was a feast indeed.

The family, along with Madhav's friends had gathered tohave breakfast at the dining table. 

The kitchen was abuzz as the cooks prepared every dish they knew of for the lunch gala in the mansion.

"He hasn't even touched the biriyani I made for him, Yashoda!" Lakshmi says.

"I'm sorry but look at this little butterball!" Madhav exclaims blowing a kiss on Vasu's forehead.

"He's so tiny and innocent!" Shree adores. She turns to Devi teasingly. "How did something as innocent and cute as Vasu come out of you?"

"Because the baby took after the mother's most significant qualities." Madhav adds, out of honesty.

Devi's face glows up. "See even Bhaava agrees."

"Alright, why don't you give Vasu to me and you - start eating all these yummy food?" Devi says as she slowly and gently scoops Vasu from him. "You can play with him later."

"Seriously Madhav, eat!" Shree says pouring one more spoon of sambhar on his plate.

"Sir ji!" The security at the gate calls gently walking in. "The police is here to meet you."

* * * * *

"Since you were the only one from the crime scene who's alive, we need a clear account of what happened, Mr. Ramakrishna." The police inspector says.

Madhav nods and sits up on the sofa. "Everything was fine for a few minutes after we took off. Later, Shiv emerged from nowhere and -"

"You mean Shiv Sharma, was there?" The police officer asks.

"Wasn't he - wasn't he supposed to be in-" Shree says panicking.

"Apparently he escaped long ago. The prison authorities decided to keep quiet about it." Madhav says. "So Shiv Sharma emerged from nowhere and he was with Mahesh-"

"Our security head was working with him?" RK asks baffled.

Madhav nods. "There was a huge fight. Mahesh shot me in the arm. Shiv shot Bhagya - the new airhostess. She was shot on her neck. She fell on the floor and lay their in a pool of her blood. She was shot twice on the neck. Her blood was all over my clothes and the carpet. I took the champagne bottle and hit Shiv on the head. He fell unconscious and the next thing I knew, I was held at gunpoint. Mahesh had a gun pointed to my head."

Madhav took a deep breath.

Shree held his hand and massaged his hand soothingly.

"I thought that was the end of me. Until-"