Chapter 58 - Meant To Be Broken

"Fight it!" Lloyd begged once more.

Stop fighting you little bitch.

GET THE HELL OUT!

Lucy dug her nails into her head.

You have no hope. Our fight alone is keeping those who claim to care about you away.

I don't need them to beat you!

You needed them to even know that I was here.

Bold statements from a child!

I am centuries beyond you.

"'RUMI GET BACK!" Lucy saw Harumi coming closer.

This brief flicker let her see Jay started skidding in the wind and Kai grabbing his arm, pulling him down to the shaking ground.

The other way, a tree fell, almost on Lloyd who dove to the side with the wind.

NO!

Yes. You're all alone.

Lucy could feel something trickling on her face, likely tears.

How could she let herself — she never —

GET OUT!

Lucy kept fighting for control, to expel whatever it was — to overcome it. That's when she was pulled into her head to see a shadowy form that resembled the Overlord.

She balled her... hands? It was like a mental plane where she could move and do things physically, she had no clue what was happening outside.

Maybe they're on even ground, maybe it's at a fifty-fifty they have to dish it out at the same time. That was Lucy's thoughts.

Aside from: the audacity of this bitch.

"Who are you?" Lucy questioned, she felt a familiarity fill her.

"I am Darkness, I am Nether," it responded.

Lucy nodded slowly. "Yeah, get the hell out. This ain't your property."

If a shadow could smirk, it did. "I created this body —"

"No, I did," said Lucy. "This is mine. Aether? Ain't you bitch. You have no claim."

"By the ancient laws —"

"Yada yada, laws, rules, same thing. And rule are meant to be broken," Lucy felt like she was practically having an arm wrestle with 'Darkness' but neither were, well in this plane, touching each other.

"Nothing is meant to be broken," it countered.

"Okay, one, piñatas, two, aren't you the literal embodiment of destruction?"

"Nothing is meant to be broken, but I destroy anyways."

"Also, glow sticks are meant to be broken," Lucy added. "And karate boards, and spaghetti when you have a small pot, and oh, rules."

It snarled.

"And I nearly forgot!" Lucy gasped. "Your face."

Air wrapped around her ankles and flung her forward, Lucy punch down on it's 'face' and floored it much like how it floored Cole earlier.

It dispelled and reassembled behind Lucy.

She turned and a blade of familiar purple iridescence shimmered into her hand as she slashed.