CHAPTER 3•05

The Battle of Zaofu

Dawn was running through the thick of the forest as she didn't care about the branches of low hanging trees scraping against her arms and face. "Dawn! Don't do this!" She could hear Korra shouting in the back ground, but she just pushed her legs further and only as she reached the break of trees and she could hear the winds rustle around her.

"No!" She yelled, her eyes glowing brightly and before she could bend her way out of Korra's hold, Korra pushed her down and arms her arms around the girl.

"Stop! Stop it!" Korra yelled as Dawn sobbed uncontrollably in her hold and struggled against her. "If you stop them, you're going to get captured to, think about Tenzin, Asami... Mako. What would you do for them if you're captured?" She asked softly as Dawn hit the ground angrily.

"She can't do this..." Dawn sobbed her eyes watched as Korra was holding back tears as well.

"Come on, we have to tell her family." Korra whispered, picking up the girl and holding her close as Dawn cried into the woman's neck.

Korra had taken Dawn back to Zaofu, making sure the girl stayed where she was supposed to for the night as she called for Opal and Jinora for help.

"Korra, we have to stop Su before she does something terrible." Jinora said, looking at Dawn who kept her eyes on the floor.

"Stop her? We should be helping her!" Opal yelled, glaring at Jinora as her mother and brothers were in danger.

"We have no idea where your mom is or what her plan is. If we go charging into Kuvira's camp, we could get them all captured or worse. All we can do now is wait." Korra explained, and the speakers buzzed as Dawn looked up to the sky in anger.

"Attention, citizens of Zaofu. Your leader, Su Beifong, attempted to attack me tonight while I slept, ignoring the terms of our truce. Luckily, I know have her and her assault team in custody." Kuvira's voice rang and Dawn frowned.

"Wei..." she breathed out and hid her face in her hands.

"No." Opal muttered.

"Rest assured that I will not take revenge on the peaceful citizens of Zaofu, as long as your remaining representatives meet me outside the city at dawn to offer the full and unconditional surrender of your city. That is all." Kuvira finished and the speakers shit off while Dawn looked to Opal in anguish.

"Korra, Dawn, you can't let Kuvira get away with this. We have to go break out mom and my brothers." Opal tried to compromise.

"You swore an oath of nonaggression when you became an Air Bender. You can't just attack Kuvira." Jinora stated angrily at Opal.

"I don't care about the oath. I have to save my family." Opal says, Korra stopping her.

"No, Jinora's is right. Your mom attacked the camp. Kuvira was just defending herself." Korra clarified for the woman.

"Defending herself? She was going to attack our city! I can't believe you're refusing to fight." Opal spat out and pushed Korra's hands off her.

"Why is that loudspeaker lady talking when I'm trying to sleep?" Meelo asked while rubbing the sleep out of his eyes and Ikki joined him.