~ 12 ~

"My head hurts." Aurora awoke with a groan, a constant pulses filling her head, it was night, midnight from how high the moon was and she was drenched in sweat. She realized after a while that she was placed on her bed, who did it? Probably Jacob because Charlie was a little old to be carrying anyone up the stairs, but she was placed nicely and gently in the middle and wrapped up tightly, which she assumed was Charlie's doing, he always took care to make sure she was covered nicely.

"Papa?" She whispered, her voice sounding lower than normally, she didn't know why she was feeling this way, she was fine a while ago.

"Papa!" She rolled over with a groan, a wave of nausea hitting her as she slowly moved in her bed in hopes of sitting herself up, but the rattling in her head wouldn't allow that, "Jacob?" She hoped he spent the night, but she would guess he was sleeping downstairs if he was, not next to her like she would prefer.

"Papa!" Her voice was hoarse, she never spoke this loud before, her throat feeling on fire from the strain of the yell, "Papa help!" It was like that night all over again, when she first woke up, her body temperature rising and her head feeling like it was being split open over a rock.

But she didn't have time to muse over it as Charlie shoved her door open with a force to be reckoned with, Jacob also standing behind him but looking quite drowsy as he took in the scene that was happening in front of him.

Aurora red faced, sweaty, eyes bloodshot and blood covering her lips and neck from her nose. That was something he never saw before, why was she bleeding so heavily out her nose? Why was she looking so sick after being so hyper hours ago?" His heart drummed in his chest, worry spreading as he began to frantically help Charlie who was now trying to get Aurora to tell him what's wrong.

"Aurora, darling!" Charlie tried speaking calmly, but in reality it was coming out rushed, he was nervous, wondering what was wrong with his daughter, "Aurora what's wrong." The man also looked equally disheveled, he hadn't been woken so abruptly from sleep like this ever since Bella and that almost sent him spiraling.

"Hurts." Aurora smacked her hand over her forehead, a groan leaving her mouth but she got her point across, "and here." Her hand moved to her throat that now burned, it felt thicker than it last did and she wondered if it was a little swollen.

"Hurts." Charlie nodded, he noticed the swelling on her neck, had she eaten anything she was allergic to? But if she did then she shouldn't be bleeding so much from her nose.

"Jacob, grab my phone! And call Doctor Lee!" He had a mind to get his phone himself, but right now he had to run and get some cold towels, Aurora was burning at a temperature he didn't think was safe to be at.

"Doctor Lee?" He didn't know who the man was, but he was sure he would understand what was wrong with Aurora when he picked up the phone.

"Yeah." The two quickly made their way to wherever they needed to be, Charlie the bathroom and Jacob into Charlie's bedroom grabbing the man's flip phone, he still had a flip phone? Yes, but now's not the time to question it, even if it's a little outdated, he needs to call Doctor Lee and inform him of Aurora's condition.

"Aurora, deep breath." Charlie sat the girl up, hoping it'll open her airways more. His hand was filled with cold towels that he laid on her chest and head, hoping to cool her down to a good temperature but he wasn't so sure if the task was going to be so easy with the way she whined and groaned.

"Jesus." He didn't know what to do, he felt like crying but he was sure that'll only make things worst, he never had to deal with someone so sick before, since Renee took care of everything, but now things were different and he had to use up his own self care knowledge in hopes of helping the girl.

"Aurora, are you feeling alright?" He knew she wasn't but to hear her say it would calm him down, as selfish that seemed, he needed her to lie to him, otherwise he might just break down crying at the foot of her bed.

"He's coming?" Jacob rushed back in, tossing the phone onto the chair of Aurora's desk, he had informed the man that something was seriously wrong with Aurora and the man had decided to quickly drive over to attend to her.

"Should we call Carlisle also?" Jacob mumbled, the man was an extraordinary Doctor and could probably just look at Aurora and tell.

"No!" Charlie snapped, he wouldn't have that man in his house after what his son did to his last daughter, he'll be the last to enter his house even if it killed him.

"Okay," Jacob's mouth snapped shut, he took in Charlie's red distressed face and fell silent, just watching as the man glared with a burning hatred for the leeches, he knew Charlie was upset, so upset that he wanted to put Edward in jail, but it was rendered useless when Bella's note was found, proving Edward didn't take any part and she did it all herself, he didn't know how he felt when Bella made the decision to erase herself to become a vampire but he should've been more focused on Charlie, the man looked enraged at the thought of the Cullen's and a small part of him didn't blame him, Edward did take away Bella from him, but he also had someone to take care of.

He had Aurora now, and the girl looked just about dead if her harsh breathing didn't give it away, she needed help, quickly and Carlisle with all his time of living might've been able to save her, diagnose her but he understood, maybe Aurora might get caught up in their beauty like Bella, lose herself just for the sake of becoming one of them.

He hated to think about it, still beating himself up for not convincing Bella like he should've but it was all he could do, now he had Aurora, just like Charlie he would make sure the girl doesn't become nothing like Bella, and if she does, he hoped he'll be able to save her.

"I'm sorry," Jacob signed, "I'll go grab some water for Aurora to drink." He would also call his father, inform him of what's happening just so he can tell Sam if he doesn't come back in a while, Charlie needed him at the moment, and he needed Aurora, he didn't want to leave her and he wouldn't even if Sam came to drag him back, he'll fight and stay with Aurora.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~