Chapter 4

She slowly walks up to the stool. She is visibly nervous and anxious as she can be heard telling herself to relax.

"Mental that one, I'm telling you," The red haired idiot said infront of me. I leaned forward to whisper in his ear.

"I heard if you fail the test,your head gets chopped," I whisper just loud enough for him to hear me and I knew I was successful when he gulped.

The hat only took a few seconds to make a decision after being placed on her curly hair.

"GRYFFINDOR!" The hat yelled.

I thought she would be in Ravenclaw. She was witty and extremely smart.

"Ronald Weasley!"

Ron turns to look at me nervously before making his way to the stool.

"Ah! Another Weasley, I know just what to do with you! GRYFFINDOR!" The hat exclaimed. Ron instantly relaxed and smirked at me making his way to the table.

After 3 or 4 more students ,including Draco who was placed in Slytherin,no shock there,it happens.

"Ellette Velonté" She didn't say it as loud since I instantly knew it was me next and already making my way to the front.

"Mmmh...interesting,very interesting. Very strong and talented I see... trustworthy and a need for acceptance,but a severe lack of confidence..."

"Slytherin,slytherin,father would want me to be in Slytherin," I begged...

"Gryffindor!" the hat yelled louder then all the other times.

I made my way over to the Gryffindor table,I didn't expect this since I wasn't good at confrontation and according to the hat had a "lack of confidence"

I sat down next to Hermione,she gave me a hug when she noticed that I only looked down. The moment I looked up,I made eye contact with Draco. He looked disgusted.

"Gryffindor!" I didn't notice Harry had already been sorted,even though everyone was looking.

He sat down next to me,giving me a quick smile while glancing around the table. He was happy. Wish I could say the same.

"I'm gonna set myself on fire..." I muttered under my breath,getting a few glares from other Gryffindors.

I looked over at Neville. I guess he found his toad.

Trays of all sorts of food appeared in front of me. I wasn't really hungry but as Hermione took a few pieces of food and placed them on her plate,I did the same. Ron was sitting opposite me and shoving his entire plate into his mouth,like he did on the train with candy.

I think it's funny actually. He tries to speak but food just flies over the table.

Everybody was in conversation and as Ron reached for another piece of chicken ,a ghostly white head popped out of the heap of chicken on the table. "Hello,how are you. Welcome to Gryffindor."

Ron jumped back letting the food fall back on the tray. Multiple ghosts started flying amongst the student. Students laughed and some even screamed at the scary sight. "Look it's the Bloody Baron" some girl said as a ghost swooshed past the Slytherin table,mocking with his sword.

"Hello Sir Nicholas,have a nice summer?" Percy asked the figure,that was still inside the table. "Dismal, once again,my request to join the headless hunt has been denied" The ghost answered.

"I know you," Ron said aloud.
"You're nearly headless nic"

"I prefer Sir Nicholas,if you dont mind" the ghost scoffed.

"Nearly headless? How can you be 'nearly' headless?" Hermione questioned.

"Like this," the ghost pulled at his hair and pulled it to his side. Showing flesh and blood.

This clearly traumatized poor Hermione. I luckily have seen ghost before and even heard of a ghost at Hogwarts that tortured the staff and students. Peeves,I think.

Not long after we we're rushed by Percy,who had a prefect badge,calling all Gryffindors.

I didn't like this boy. He seemed like he thought too highly of himself.

We all followed. Starting our new adventure.

He lead us to the grand staircase. It was absolutely astonishing. "Keep an eye on the staircases,they like to change" he says as one staircase glided to the other side.

We followed him until we stopped infront of a portrait of a fat lady with a wine glass. He said something that made the fat lady move to the side showing a small opening.

The sound of fire burning and the smell of broomstick wax overwhelmed me. The room was absolutely breathtaking,filled with red and gold furniture and bookshelves filled with hundreds of books.

"This is the Gryffindor common room. Boys dormitories up and down on the left, girls same on your right. You'll find all your belongings have already been brought up."

Everybody rushed to the dormitories. I slowly walked up the stairs walking into a room with 4 poster beds. The only bed left was next to a window.

I didn't mind. I preferred it this way. Hermione sat next to me on her bed,already changed into white pajamas. It suited her dark hair and brown eyes.

She was reading a book,only occasionally looking up at me.

I was now changed into black silk pajamas. I matched it with my sister. I felt an ache in my heart. I was starting to miss her.

"You don't talk much?" Hermione looked up at me.

"I do," I surprised her by answering.

"oh...you do," she said laughing.

"Do you want to be in Gryffindor?" She asked me. I wanted to ignore her question but she had the most innocent and curiosity behind her eyes staring into my soul.

"no," I answered truthfully. She said nothing.

"My father was in Slytherin and his father aswell. Basically our family has legacy in Slytherin. I do have an aunt who was in Hufflepuff but we don't talk about her. Besides people didn't think I'd even get to this point"

Her smile faded. She knew what Slytherin was famous for.

"Maybe you'll be the one to make a difference in your family," She said smiling again. She really did try to see the good in people.

"different isn't always a good thing,good night Hermione" I said as my eyes slowly shut,I was in a world that was entirely my own.