28| Arranged?

Elena's POV:

My older brothers have been gone for the past week on a business trip. It was the first time that they all collectively went. It was a bit strange to have dinner and breakfast with just Amelia and Victor, but it was relaxing. I didn't have to fight over the tv remote with Leonardo or protect my cake pops from Nicolas.

Also I didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn for my training sessions with Silas which meant I could sleep longer. I loved sleeping longer.

But I did miss them.

Especially Theo.

I was quite attached to him. I called him everyday to tell him all about my day like I'd do if he was home. Although, I didn't want to annoy him, I could tell that our calls took some stress of him. He sounded very stressed and it made me worried.

But he'll be home today.

"Are we going to the mall Saturday?" Cecelia asked as we walked down the stairs after school.

"Yeah, I need new bras." I agreed.

By some miracle, my boobs were starting to grow. I'd outgrown all my other bras and I really needed new ones. My old ones were too tight and small.

"Okay, see you later, girlies!" She waved at me and Amelia.

Though they were still a bit tense around each other, things were a lot better than how they used to be. Ever since Amelia and I had gotten closer, my friends started to be nice to her as well. It helped that Amelia wasn't acting like a major bitch anymore.

We walked to the car where our bodyguards were waiting. Victor was already inside scrolling through his phone but he smiled when we got inside.

"They're waiting for us at home."

I grinned excitedly and couldn't wait to hug Theo. The entire ride home, Amelia and I did Rock Paper Scissors to decided who got to hug Theo first. She won.

So naturally I wasn't in the best mood when we walked inside our home. I pulled off my shoes and put on my slippers as Amelia happily ran inside to hug our favourite brother.

Victor laid his hand on my shoulder with a soft smile and guided me to the living room where our brothers were.

Something was wrong. I could tell it immediately.

Amelia was hugging Theo tightly and he hugged her back but I could see the tension on his face.

It made me freeze in my spot. Victor gazed down at me with a concerned look but he also caught the vibe.

"What's wrong?"

Things were going great. Even with my cousin Giana. After two weeks of thinking, she made the decision of getting an abortion. Nonna nearly fainted after hearing that but I was happy that Giana made that decision herself. She was now on a road trip in Australia with her best friends for healing.

My sessions with my therapist had been going amazing and I haven't had a nightmare or attack since our trip to Italy.

I don't want things to get bad again. I know that it isn't in my hands, but I wanted to be very selfish. I didn't want this happiness to stop, not when I treasured it so much.

"Emotional support, cupcake." Nicolas lifted me up in his arms for a tight embrace.

Emotional support? I held onto him tightly as I panicked. My eyes went to Theo who avoided my look.

What was going on?

I started to cry. I was extra emotional because I was on my period and I was sensitive about things going wrong with my family.