☆ Chapter 4 Preparing for the New Year

Going home for the New Year is the warmest expectation of most Chinese people. Even the poorest families will try their best to get a hearty meal and eat dumplings during the New Year. Of course, the same goes for the Rong family and other villagers' homes in Taoyuan Village.

It is New Year after Laba. Indeed, as sung in the folk songs, after Laba, everyone's expressions are filled with joy. The adults are calculating this year's harvest, calculating what to prepare for the New Year, and also taking care of the already fat and strong pigs. They can point to the amount of meat they can eat during the New Year. The children will also have the happiest time. Winter vacation is coming soon, so there is no need to brave the cold wind and snow to go to class.

Taoyuan Village, where the Rong family is located, has a market on February, Friday, and August. Starting from the 22nd of the twelfth lunar month, more and more people go to the market. Of course, there are also a lot of people selling things, and almost all of the street is occupied. This is a good time to make money!

Rong Wan's big black eyes, who was held by Grandma Rong to go to the fair, turned around, taking no time for a moment. Looking here and then there, I feel that my eyes are not enough. An uncle wore a thick leather jacket and set up a stall to write Spring Festival couplets. The business was very hot. There are also cloth stalls, with many people crowded in front. At that time, the villagers basically made their own clothes and wear them, which means that they can buy a set of fashionable clothes for the children from the city.

Because the next day is the twenty-third of the twelfth lunar month, the people selling sugar melons on this day also gave out a sum. Whether it is rich or not, every family will buy some to sacrifice for the stove.

Grandma Rong naturally bought it too. Seeing her grandchildren staring at her, she was not a pick, and she gave one to them. Rong Huan is the eldest brother anyway, and his ability to observe words and colors is still good. Watching Rong Wan puckered his mouth at the sugar melon, he stretched out his hand and brought the sugar melon to Rong Wan's mouth.

Rong Wan's eyes lit up suddenly, and her small white face smiled like a flower. She stretched out her tongue and licked it. It was fragrant and sweet, and it tasted very good. She was about to roll her little tongue. When he held it well in his mouth, Rong Huan took the sugar melon away and put it in his mouth.

At that time, Rong Wan was stunned, her big black eyes widened, and her small pink mouth remained open. Isn't this sugar melon for myself? Why do I just let people lick it?

"Sweet, wait for Xiaoqi's teeth to grow together, I'll buy it for you every day!" Rong Huan touched Rongwan's little hand, and said solemnly.

"Then I will lick my cantaloupe!" The remaining elder brothers raised their hands holding the cantaloupe together, without a trace of reluctance on their faces. They were vying for a while, for fear that Xiaoqi would not lick theirs. Eat sugar melons.

Rong Wan's big eyes were full of tears, but there was a bright smile on his face, two dimples appeared on the white and tender cheeks, and the two small hands patted and patted vigorously, as if they were applauding. She dare to say that she has the best brother in the world, so happy!

Grandma Rong and the third wife of the Rong family saw that they were so sensible as their older brothers, and their hearts were sweeter than drinking honey. They specially weighed out some flaky candies and peanut candies as snacks for the children, which was regarded as a reward.

After they got home, Grandpa Rong and the others knew about it, and at noon rewarded the brothers with a few big stews. They were full of oily mouths, and they were very satisfied. Their love for their sisters reached the highest level, and they spoiled them. My sister has meat!