Chapter 25

Busy weekend ... enjoy!

The next morning Aerilyn proceeded to her normal routine of getting up, washing, getting dressed and heading to breakfast.

As she approached the doors to the breakfast hall she felt nervous thinking about the intimidating Queen on the other side. She had become some what more bearable and had stuck up for her several times now when there was clearly no need to.

The anger she first felt towards Queen Solenne was beginning to waver.

She ducked her head in the door, as if on que the Queen's head snaps towards her, taking her in, her eyes never leaving the girl "Good morning" Solenne softly smiled.

"Morning" Aerilyn spoke, Nilsa hadn't appeared this morning, she suspected she was preoccupied with being on watch.

Whether that was on purpose to keep her away from Aerilyn or not she wasn't sure.

Solenne took the girl, looking her over as if she wanted to eat her up "Luanna and Prince Matheus will be joining us this morning so I expect you to be polite" Aerilyn nodded her head as she sat down.

At least the Queen seemed to be in a good mood today, Aerilyn thought.

"Do they live here?" The girl asked curiously as she dared to lock eyes with Solenne, her golden orbs brighter in the morning sun.

She wasn't sure how it worked in the vampire world, if they had rooms in the castle or if they had their own homes. They seemed to come and go whenever they pleased.

Solenne broke the eye contact to look outside the windows admiring the scene "Not all of the time, Luanna's husband Richard will be arriving over the next few days and Matheus has yet to find his mate so he lives here". The Queen's hunger to mark the girl was only growing, every fibre of her wanted to take her back to her room and ravish her, but here she sat and no one would have known any better.

Yet she restrained herself, this was the toughest it had ever been to stop her fangs from protruding.

Queen Solenne had given up with the thought of finding her mate, after watching everyone else either find theirs or fall into despair losing their mate, she had decided she would be better off alone.

Everyone else knew that she needed her mate to complete her, her grandfather who she was very close to once told her that when she finds her mate, no matter who it is, she should cherish them and that it would be the most powerful feeling she'll ever experience.

Solenne always idealised the love her grandparents had, unlike her father who forced her mother to be his against her will. This caused the Queen to have a troubled upbringing turning her very cold, she had become what the humans said she was, living up to that expectation placed upon her, but deep down if you dug deeper there was a kind girl there.

The sad part was, they were not even mates.

Aerilyn picked up some sausage, eggs and toast onto her plate before continuing. "What is he like?" She poured some orange juice. Solenne was happy the girl was eating and had an appetite, it pleased her that she was putting on weight slowly but surely.

What made her even happier was that the girl was speaking to her and asking questions, she was willingly making conversation.

"He's a character, but definitely under Luanna's fist" the Queen joked. Luanna burst through the door and bowed as it was custom to "I can hear you, you know" she rolled her eyes as she strutted in.

Solenne who never turned away from Aerilyn spoke "You weren't not meant to hear, you have him wrapped around your fingers, it's nothing I wouldn't say to your face" Aerilyn raised her eyebrow at the Queen's nonchalant response, their playful humour kept her entertained.