Chapter 28

This caused Aerilyn to choke on her food, coughing.

They all looked round to her.

"What are you talking about?" The girl asked, unsure if she wanted to know the answer.

Luanna was amused but irritated that Solenne hadn't taught or let Aerilyn learn more about vampires. "Well, here's a history lesson for you, when a vampire as powerful as her majesty drinks your blood, she can sense pretty much everything you are feeling even more strongly, it doesn't last very long though, only if they keep drinking your blood, it's a kin to reading your mind I would say. It's also the same if blood is shared, then both of you would be in tune to each other"

"Yes, but they didn't share blood" Prince Matheus pointed out.

Aeriyln looked over at Solenne knowingly, but the Queen wouldn't meet her eye.

She was about to ask why she couldn't sense what Solenne was feeling.

Luanna butted in, she didn't want the Prince to find out as he wasn't as open to humans as the others, "Even if she had drank Solenne's blood, she would not be able to sense her feelings because Solenne would block her out" well that answered the girls question.

"It is very interesting really...for a human" Aeirlyn paused, she was intrigued.

Solenne was lightly amused by the girls fascination, her anger was disappearing fast, she wanted to teach her more about their ways in the hopes Aerilyn would open up to the idea of the vampire world.

To her world.

Queen Solenne for the first time, cared what a human thought.

"I can teach you more if you'd like, there are some books in the library" Solenne spoke.

Prince Matheus stood up at this point, he wasn't pleased that a human would be taught about things he thought they should not know, "sorry to interrupt but I must get to my duties, we can't all sit in here talking all day" he joked, but he also didn't want the human girl being taught about vampires in depth either, that could be dangerous in the wrong hands.

But he couldn't say anything to his sister either, he cared for her and she for him. And so he believed that he would trust his sister to do what is right always.

He slowly bowed and then walked out of the room as Solenne dismissed him.

Aerilyn waited until he was out of the room and had Solenne's eyes back on her before she spoke.

"I'd love to read about it, although I might need some help, there are still some words I'm unsure about" she felt insecure saying it, since she was sat with two very educated vampires.

"We shall see to it" Solenne felt her attraction for the girl becoming too much, her desire feeding into her, she wanted the human.

For a second Queen Solenne's guard dropped as she was too trapped inside her head and the way she was feeling.

Aerilyn whose mind was also dropped due to the conversation suddenly felt it, she felt a warm fuzzy feeling all over.

Aerilyn looked straight over at the Queen, her neck throbbing under Solenne's gaze, it wasn't the only throbbing she felt as she crossed her legs.

Solenne gasped, realising her mind block was dropped, as quickly as it had dropped it had disappeared again, reappearing was her stoic expression.

The tension disappearing.

Snapping out of what she was feeling, they changed the subject, Luanna engaged Solenne in conversation.

Aerilyn tried to zone out of the conversation at that point, she needed to find Ev and plan their route out of here.