☆ Chapter 18

The Mid-Autumn Festival is a reunion day. Many wandering wanderers will try their best to come back to reunite with their families on this day. Brothers who have been separated will also gather for a reunion dinner, and all the good wine and dishes will be served on the table. Of course, moon cakes are also indispensable.

Villagers in Taoyuan Village eat mooncakes by themselves, and the fillings are somewhat different. However, it is the mainstream to put melon seeds, walnuts and peanuts, and there are also wealthy families who will relax.

Rong Wan's mooncake filling is made of fine sugar, melon seeds and peanut kernels, green silk and red silk. The oil used is melon seed oil and cooked noodles are added. After kneading them together, they will be crushed into one. A dough of the same size, wrap it in the skin, and press it on the mold. The mold is from the borrowed grandfather's house. It is a complete set, and the carvings are very delicate.

Dad Rong and his brothers plated a stove in the yard, where moon cakes were baked.

The mooncakes just out of the oven were still hot, and Rong Huan and the others had already surrounded them. They couldn't wait to break a piece and put it in their mouth.

Little Rong can't eat anything like her brothers without any scruples. She can only eat a little stuffing and crumbling crust, which is really delicious. Because the filling is made of granulated sugar, it doesn't have that soft and sweet feeling, and it tastes sweet and delicious, sweet but not greasy.

In addition to keeping the home-made mooncakes, they are also given to relatives and friends to taste. This is a custom in Taoyuan Village. Aunt Rong bought oil paper back, wrapped the four mooncakes into a pack, and then tied a paper string. When I went out to visit relatives and friends, each family gave a bag. It was not a precious thing, but a heartfelt wish.

Of course, Rongwan's family also received a lot. Some of them are very delicious and rich in fillings. The mooncakes sent by some people have few melon seeds and so on. They are all sugar and they are rather greasy to eat.

When the freshness passed, Rong Huan and the others didn't want to eat moon cakes at all, they thought it was too sweet and too greasy. But there are still a lot of moon cakes left. Grandpa Rong and the others are not willing to waste it, so they force everyone to eat a piece of moon cake at every meal until they are finished. Of course, this doesn't include tolerance. She should eat the food, eat the food, drink the soup and drink the soup. She gazed at her brothers' curled eyebrows, and sometimes clapped her hands in applause.

After the Mid-Autumn Festival, there is another activity to be carried out, which is jujube. The sweet and crunchy dates are more attractive to Rong Wan than moon cakes, especially when she is tired of eating moon cakes.

Uncle Rong and Uncle Rong were going to kick the jujube tree first, and some of the ripe jujubes fell to the ground. Rong Huan rushed up to pick it up with a few small ones, instead of using a basket, he just carried his clothes around.

Dad Rong had already approached with a long enough bamboo pole at this time, hitting hard against the densely packed jujubes on the branches, and the maroon jujubes crackled down and fell like rain, so that Rong Huan and the others were clutching them. Head scurrying.

Rong Wan had already stepped away from his calf and was going to pick up dates and eat it. Seeing his brothers were smashed so badly, he couldn't help covering his head with his chubby hand, still muttering "Baba, bad!"

Hearing Rong Wan's accusation, Dad Rong stopped the act of beating the date, and he aggrievedly defended himself. "I have said it several times. I'm going to be a date. You kids know where to stare at the date. Take care to listen to me!"