Chapter 24 - Eat Somen With Your Friends

Word Count :  2919

The bell rings, signalling the end of class. Everyone was dying to get out of class but the teacher stopped us. "I almost forgot. For those of you who haven't yet, make sure you turn in your career plan forms this week."

"Okay." The class replied.

"Parent-teacher conferences are right after summer break. Don't forget to let your parents or guardians know what's up." I wonder what I'm going to do. I doubt Akito would go especially now. Akito will just want me to stay at the estate. Akito has plans to keep all the zodiac members in the estate after high school ends for us.

"Kyon-Kyon. Know what you'll do after graduation yet? Open a cat shop?" His friends teased.

"Shut it. None of your business!" Kyo yells at them. Uotani makes her way over to Kyo's spot and kicks his desk, hitting him in the process.

"Lunch time! I'm hungry, dammit!" She shouts.

"U-Uotani-sama, why'd you kick Kyon-Kyon's desk?"

"I'm freaking hangry! I woke up late and didn't eat breakfast!" She yells at them.

"Hey, you should be grateful you were born a woman, Gangster girl!. You'd be dead in a heartbeat if you were a guy!" Kyo yells at her grabbing her by the collar.

"I did that because I know you won't hurt girls, dumbass!"

"Please stop fighting." I say.

"Um... Let's... eat lunch." Tohru suggests.

---

Hanajima, Uotani, Kyo, Yuki, Tohru and I had all gathered on the side of the building to eat lunch in the grass. Our lunches were laid out as we enjoyed the wonderful weather.

"It's been so long since we've all eaten together." Tohru points out.

"It has." Hanajima agrees.

"Eating with this group makes it hard to enjoy it." Kyo says.

"Tohru-kun, have you already submitted your career form?"

"Yes."

"I haven't yet. I don't know what to do."

"Same here."

"Me either. It's too early to decide. Do you really plan to do what you wrote on the form, Tohru?" Uotani asks.

"Yes, I want to start working, so I can support myself." Tohru smiles.

"Yes, working sounds good."

"You know, Tohru, you could just get married." Uotani suggests.

"Huh?"

"Oh, dear. Perhaps I should go to college to get a better job to support you, then." Hanajima sighs.

"She's not marrying you. Anyway, I was thinking more like the prince for instance. And since Ami doesn't have a plan she can marry Carrots."

"Huh?!" The boys gasp.

"What're you actin' so surprised for?! It better not be because you don't think those two are good enough, dammit!" Uotani glares.

"Th-That's not it at all... "

"Oh, let's see which one of us wins, then." Hanajima said.

"We didn't even say anything! Stop picking fights!" Kyo yells at them.

"U-Um, if I do get married, I'm sure it's still far in the future."

"It's too early to decide who we will marry in the future. Plus I might not be able to get married. I have a very overprotective family." I say, thinking back I'm pretty sure AKito would never want me to leave her side, meaning the chances of me getting married are almost zero.