Chapter 107 - Kelly Olsen

Alex raises her hands to surrender as her front door opens.

"Look.... I didn't...." Alex begins.

Kelly Olsen jerks the gun towards Alex, in a menacing manner, with such a look of anger and hurt on her face. Alex can tell that this is truly just the desperate act of a sister who is under so much grief because of losing her brother. Alex can only imagine what she would become if she lost Kara. In fact, Alex has already had a small snapshot of what she would become.

"Get inside!" Kelly says, aggressively.

"Okay.... okay..." Alex says, and then slowly walks inside, with her hands still raised, making sure not to make any sudden movements, as she certainly does not want to be shot.

As Alex walks into her apartment Kelly walks in behind her, and then closes the door, meaning that no one else will be able to see what is going on. While currently Alex completely understands why Kelly is reacting this way, and doesn't necessarily blame her, she is afraid of what she may do. Alex realises that she doesn't know who this woman is, as she never got much information about her from James. Therefore, Alex is unsure if Kelly is going to be trigger or not, so she knows she has to be careful.

"Your.... name is Kelly.... Right?" Alex asks, in a soft voice.

"Sit down on the couch!" Kelly says, aggressively, ignoring Alex's question.

"Alright, alright." Alex says, and then slowly makes her way over to the couch, before then taking her seat.

As Alex sits down on the couch she notices the signal watch that Kara has given to her, laying on the coffee table. Alex, for her part, rarely wears her signal watch, because she doesn't feel she really needs protection from her sister, but right now Alex does wish she was wearing it.

"I'm sitting.... Now what?" Alex asks, making sure not to raise her voice or anything.

Kelly moves in front of Alex, continuing to point the gun in her face, shaking slightly.

"Now......" Kelly says, and then glances around the apartment. Alex knows that Kelly looking around is her opportunity to grab for the gun, but she also knows that it carries a risk of Kelly pulling the trigger on her, and then her being shot. So, Alex decides not to go for the gun, because she isn't really sure if Kelly is going to actually shoot her.

"Kelly." Alex says, softly, trying to get the woman's attention.

Kelly turns back and looks at Alex, jerking the gun towards her again.

"Don't say my name!" Kelly says, angrily, her body starting to shake now.

"Okay..." Alex says, "But you should know..... I am sorry about your brother."

"SORRY?!" Kelly yells, "You are the one that killed him! You don't get to be sorry! I don't want your sympathy!"

"Yes.... I did.... But I did it because I had to." Alex says.

"No! That's a lie!" Kelly snaps back.

"It's not." Alex interjects, "Lex Luthor..... he'd done something to James..... replaced his heart with kryptonite..... In doing so..... it had made James become unrecognisable..... He ended up just being one of Lex Luthor's lackies. I shot the kryptonite that had replaced his heart..... because at the time he was using it to try and kill Supergirl."

Kelly remains silent, taking this information in.

"No.... that can't be true..... James..... he wouldn't let himself become like that...." Kelly says, a look of confusion on her face now, along with some tears falling down her cheeks.

"He did..... Lex took advantage of him in prison.... We are still trying to piece together.... what exactly Lex did...." Alex explains.

Kelly falls silent again, and then lowers the gun slightly, before then suddenly jerking it back towards Alex once more.