chpt.25

August

I came from drop tops and old school Chevy's
Dope boys rollin' through, shittin' on ya heavy
fifteen in the trunk beatin' down your block
Only 4 years old and Biggie got shot
I remember playing on the block, hanging on the block
Young niggas slanging on the block, getting off them rocks
Now we livin' better now, Gucci sweater now
Weather still getting colder, we could change the weather now
But I

[Pre-Hook]
Came up in criminal days
Living these criminal ways, what can I say
Hugging the block every day
Grindin' and making a way
And that I pray, for better days
That it don't be the same tomorrow
Now I celebrate my sorrows with this bottle
And say

[Hook] x2
(Hip-Hop, hey, Hip-Hop, hey, Hip-Hop, hey, Hip-Hop, hey)
I pray for more better days
(Hip-Hop, hey, Hip-Hop, hey, Hip-Hop, hey, Hip-Hop, hey)
I know that I can feel change.....

I stop the music and pull my headphones off to see Chris on the other side.

"Man that was dope" he said as we dap each other up.

"Preciate that man".

"Ok what you and Jay got going" he grab a chair and sat down waiting for me to answer.

"I fuck up bad this time. I put my hands on her and said some foul shit that I didn't mean to say".

"You put your hands on Jay? Dude I'm surprise you still alive, what was you thinking".

"Aye don't be coming at me with that, remember you and Rihanna".

"Why you bringing up old shit, nah man but foreal what cause you to hit her".

"I was drunk first off then she hit me first so I just got buck and slap her, she took Sanai and left. But that's not all she's also pregnant".

"Damn" was Chris said.

"I don't want to hear what you got to say, I been calling her. Just not returning my calls."

"I don't think I'm ready to be married cause they way y'all marriage is setup- I don't know. You better do something cause neither of you is getting a divorce so that's out the question, Ima say this and get ready to leave. Y'all two are a one, sit down and talk it out. You been doing it and Aug man leave that girl alone whoever you fooling with, Jay pregnant again she need you as well as Sanai".

"Yeah man I hear ya" He got up from his seat and left out the studio. I was about to start back working until my phone start ringing, I pull it out my pocket and seen Jay name across the screen.

"Hello"? I quickly answer on the second ring.

"Hey daddy its me Sanai, what you doing"? It felt good to hear my little girl voice again.

"I'm in the studio what you doing"?

"Playing with my baby doll, I ask mommy could she call you so I can ask you if I could see you".

"Of course you can, give your mom the phone so I can speak to her".

I heard shuffling in the background, "hello" I heard Jay voice on the other line.

"How you doing"?

"I'm fine and you"?

"Same here, can I have Nai for the weekend"? I don't know why I'm asking she's my child as well but whatever.

"Yeah I'll text you the address".

"Okay cool tell her I'll see her in a little bit".

I ended the call and got finish up in the studio, I was going to have my baby for the weekend so I'm happy about that. Far as Jay and I it's going take some time before we get back on track, I grab my bucket hat and keys and hop in my car to plug in the address that Jay had text me. I hate the fact that we are separate it won't be long though, I'm working on getting my family back.

Jiraya

I was getting Nai bags ready so she could go with August, I'm not gonna front and say I don't miss Aug cause I do.

"Look mommy, daddy's outside" she pointed to the front door. I seen his Range pull up in the parking lot, oh yeah by the way I end up getting a two bedroom apartment that's all I need for right now until August and I get ourselves together.

I motion for him to come in Sanai ran up to him as he pick her up and attack her with kisses.

"Jiraya" he said.

"August".

"I'll bring her back Tuesday so she'll be fine being with me" he said, which was fine with me.

"Fine with me, behave Nai call me when you get ready for bed. Come give me a hug before you leave".

I gave her a hug and place a kiss on her cheek, August grab her bag and her hand. I watch as he got her in the car then he place her bag into the trunk.

I thought he was about to get in the car, instead he came towards me. "Let me know when your appointments are so I can come okay"?

"Okay" was all I said, we stared at each other for like a minute to I came back to senses.

"You better get going for little missy be impatient" I pointed towards Nai who was looking out the window smiling.

"Right I'll make sure she call you later on" he said then got in his car and left. I went back in to figure out something to do since I was alone, I haven't seen my mom in a while just might swing by her house and talk with her I'm pretty sure she can help me out.