LII

On the next day, Eliana had her things packed up. When she went downstairs she entered a very interesting scene, all the household members were gathered in the living room.

Remi, Milo, and Casey were sitting on the sofa, Rafael was standing in front of them with his arms crossed over his chest, his aura was intimidating and scary, as always.

He was looking at the kids with sternness in his dark eyes. He meant business. She was glad that this time she wasn't the end-receiver of his gaze. She also planned to make sure Rafael won't scare them too much.

"You three are staying here alone-" Rafael started.

"-Hello I'm staying with them" Lorenzo waved his hand but he received an irritated look from Rafael.

"Do not interrupt me" Rafael warned "You're staying here with Lorenzo make sure he doesn't do anything stupid" Rafael said and Eliana could observe a rare smirk appearing on his lips. Apparently, he was in a mood good enough to joke around but his jokes often were funny only to him.

"He thinks he's funny," Lorenzo said in an unhappy voice, he was taking full offense for his brother's words. Naturally, his remark was ignored.

"You will behave when  Eliana and I are away. You will act like three little angels for Lorenzo. Is that clear?" Rafael stated firmly.

Remi snorted but his face quickly turned serious when he felt the power of Rafael's gaze on himself.

"Is there anything you'd like to add to Remigio?" Remigio was Remi's full name and almost no one ever used it except for Rafael when he wanted to get his point across.

Remi shook his head. "No, everything is clear. We will act like three little angels" he repeated dutifully. Milo knew Rafael's words were directed at Casey and Remi so he didn't feel the need to speak up.

On the other hand, Casey's silence was a testament to how far she has come while living with the Vincenti brothers. She has learned to pick her battles and at that moment there was no reason to antagonize Rafael.

"Excellent" Rafael said but sent his youngest brother a warning look.

"Relax," Lorenzo said and wrapped his arm around Rafael's shoulder in a friendly gesture that was not appreciated. Rafael disliked being touched even by his family. Only Eliana had silent permission to touch him whenever she wants. "They're going to be fine they're left with a favorite older brother," Lorenzo said, a smirk playing on his lips.

The look Rafael gave to Lorenzo was capable of freezing hell.

"My words are directed at you as well. Don't let them do what they want and don't come up with anything stupid. I don't care if you want to play the cool uncle, act responsibly" Rafael lectured sternly.

"This is why you're the least favorite" Lorenzo responded dryly.

Rafael was about to respond so Eliana has found her perfect moment to intervene and save her brother-in-law's life.

"We should go," she said grabbing Rafael's hand.

"You're right" Rafael agreed easily.

"Finally" Rafael turned to face Remi who quickly added "I mean it would be bad if you were late for the plane, right? So goodbye! Have fun, both of you" Remi said before running upstairs.

Rafael shook his head.

"See you on Saturday," Milo said and followed his brother's lead.

"Bye Eli," Casey said gently and hugged her sister tightly. Eliana of course returned the hug touched by Casey's gesture.  "Bye," Casey said to Rafael awkwardly while keeping her hands in her pockets.